Privacy Analyst I
- Post Date:20th October 2022 14602
- Views 69
DescriptionThe IT Analyst II, Global Privacy – EMEAI will be located in and primarily focused on the Europe, Middle East, Africa and India (EMEAI) region. This position is responsible for the overall analysis of business processes, system applications and reports that may impact the privacy of our employees, customers, consumers and vendors. The incumbent will work directly with the business owners to identify potential areas for improvements to the design, functionality and security of our business processes and applications that process personal information.This position will assist with compliance remediation efforts identified through privacy impact assessments and framework maturity assessments. This position will support training and awareness activities related to privacy programs, policies and standards.Core Responsibilities And Tasks
- Oversee, coordinate and conduct the collection of data process mapping and data element inventories.
- Assist in the development, adoption, implementation and enforcement of global privacy and data security policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines to ensure ongoing maintenance of privacy and data security.
- Assist in the review of applications and/or technology environments during the development and/or acquisition process to (a) assure compliance with corporate privacy and security policies and direction and (b) to assist in the overall integration process.
- Assist with global privacy and data security compliance through assisting with the delivery of training and awareness programs and periodic audits.
- Works occasionally with key business personnel across all divisions, domestically and globally.
- Perform special projects for Global Privacy Compliance throughout the region as needed.
- Exhibits personal ownership and accountability for continuous improvement.
- Perform translation as needed or requested.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of our business processes, applications, standard programs and reports as they related to privacy and data protection.
- Analyze complex business processes or issues and quickly understand the business issues and related privacy and data challenges.
- Identify process improvement opportunities; define improvement requirements; conduct detailed analysis; lead solution design; provide project coordination; act as a liaison between the business and development resources; and support the communication/training efforts related to process changes.
- Support and monitor compliance efforts. Ensure compliance issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with data owners to identify needs and evaluate business solutions.
- Work frequently with key business personnel across all divisions, domestically and globally.
- Exhibit personal ownership and accountability for continuous improvement.
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations. Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Identify critical issues with ease. Exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging privacy laws and best practices when solving business problems.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing company practices and mindsets.
- Generate enthusiasm among team members. Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model.
- Facilitate effective team interaction. Acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Mentor those with less experience through informal channels.
- Seek and participates in development opportunities beyond training required by us.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Perform Global Privacy Compliance administration tasks.
- Employee performance management up to but not including hiring/firing decisions.
- Documentation and analysis of required information and data. Prepare requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations
- Define test conditions. Develop accurate and complete test plans. Conduct testing according to plan.
- Identify and document system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Frequent judgments regarding the proper course of action to take to balance current business processes and requirements as compared to industry best practices.
- Authority to design solutions for projects approved by the Senior Director: Global Privacy Compliance.
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas. Takes meeting notes and distributes to meeting attendees.
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively.
- Interpret policies and Procedures as they relate to data security, systems and maintenance.
- Interpret policies and procedures as they relate to data security awareness and training.
- Resolution of minor privacy and/or data security complaints.
- Participate with various levels of management in policy making projects and decisions.
- Participate in decisions as they relate to privacy and data security related capital project priorities and spending.
- Decisions as they relate to cost centre budget control.
- Decisions as they relate to Privacy web site administration.
- Decisions as they relate to Privacy Contact page administration and response.
Formal EducationPosition Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Sheffield, United Kingdom.
Knowledge & Experience
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in a business analyst related role.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in Italian, German, French or Spanish will also give added advantage.
- Previous management experience.
- Ability to interface with top management.
- Knowledge of data privacy and security laws.
- Ability to travel to US, and throughout Europe, Middle East, Africa and India (EMEAI), global travel if needed.
- Skill set includes leadership, problem solving, critical thinking, decision-making, organizational skills, excellent communication (oral and written), capability to work independently.
- Business knowledge includes a working knowledge of SW structure, business processes, operations and goals.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMSSherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
- Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Basic QualificationPlease note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.Equal OpportunityAn equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law.
Related Jobs (55)
Regulatory Affairs Manager on 23rd November 2022
Software Engineer (Python / PHP) on 18th November 2022
AP Assistant on 18th November 2022
IT Developer III on 18th November 2022
Sales Assistant – Newcastle – F/T 39 Hours on 18th November 2022
Software Developer (Browser) – HP Wolf Security on 18th November 2022
HR Assistant on 18th November 2022
Manager Marketing Communications, Infrastructure on 18th November 2022
ERP Manager on 18th November 2022
Contractor / Specification Sales Manager on 18th November 2022