- Post Date:2nd September 2021
- Views 283
Our passion is to be the best, not the biggest, paint company in the world, that customers want to work with, and the most talented people want to work for.
Established in 1930 HMG has grown to become the UK’s Largest Independent Paint Manufacturer. We are a family business with many generations of families working across the business.
Our culture is really important to us in achieving our vision. We all share a passion to improve, improve ourselves, our coatings, our community and improve as a company.
For this HMG have accepted numerous awards such as the UK Coatings Care award, Family Business of the Year and were the first independent UK Paint Company to be awarded British Standards quality BS5750 (FM1524).
At HMG we offer colleagues a range of benefits, some of the highlights include:
- Profit share
- Opportunities for Training and Development (NVQs, HNCs/HNDs, MBAs, Coatings Training Institute)
- Competitive Salary
- Christmas and New Year’s break
- Day off and Double Pay on your birthday
- Annual staff BBQ
- Charity fundraising events/activities
- Contributory pension up to x%
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 2pm Last Friday of the month finish
- Flexible working, including working from home
- Subsidised Canteen
- Free Parking
Working Hours: Monday – Thursday 7:15am to 4.00pm. Fridays 7:15am to 3.00pm.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To ensure production of labels, paying particular attention to legislation for printing and
- stationery requirements for all at HMG.
- To compile stock control records to determine stock supply.
- To monitor ABI for label orders and marketing orders.
- To plan for and determine current and future supply requirements to meet customer’s
- needs in relation to label requirements and also production administration requirements
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- To process & print company labels for HMG paint products and for associate companies &
- customers to allocate them accordingly
- To facilitate customers label, printing & stationery requirements for external distribution.
- Communicate with departments and customers in regard to labelling requirements.
- To assist with dispatch of marketing and promotional items via ABI
- To complete stock takes for printroom and marketing stocks.
- To order labels, ribbons, and other associated media from suppliers.
- Support Printroom Manager in regard to Games Workshop dispatch procedure including
- but not limited to; pallet label production, dispatch co-ordination, and issuing of pre advice
- sheets and emails for the customer.
- Assist in administrative tasks as required to do so.
- Print, collation, and distribution of literature
- To ensure the Label department follows proper procedures of policies laid down in the
- company handbook, including the use of mobile phone and the wearing of Hi Vis jackets.
- To act in a responsible manner.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness within the department and
- immediately outside.
- To undertake any training as required to enhance the skills of the job holder.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good communication skills and good people skills
- GCSE in Maths & English at Grade C or above
- Must be computer literate and have I.T. skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and company programmes, including SAP and CHEMGES.
- To be well organised and methodical.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Team player.
- Communicate with other departments effectively.
Related Jobs (6)
Production Operative on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Production Operatives on 2nd June 2023 Full Time
Logistics Manager on 19th May 2023 Full Time
Operations Supervisor on 12th May 2023 Full Time
Material Handling Operator on 12th May 2023 Full Time
FLT Operator on 21st April 2023 Full Time