Premium Product Manager EMEA
- Post Date:9th February 2024
- Apply Before: 9th March 2024
- Views 112
Axalta has remained at the forefront of the coatings industry by continually investing in innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customers’ products – whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colorful finishes. We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
We are currently looking for a Premium Product Manager EMEA to join us at one of our facilities in EMEA.
This highly visible role is for an individual who manages the product portfolio for a particular segment (strategic, mainstream, economy or commercial transport after-market) for a given geographic region.
They are responsible for the management and delivery of projects within their region, to either add new products, sunset products which are to be obsoleted or otherwise manage product change within their nominated segment.
The regional product manager is responsible for building an understanding of the customer product requirements for their specific segment, in view of product-technical-color requirements. This includes an understanding of the market landscape, competitive intelligence, emerging new trends. They need to work with technology platform managers to convert these insights into clear requirements for the deliverables of projects.
The role holder needs to have a close interaction with the other marketing, sales, and technical teams in their region, to understand any market needs and to deliver the global initiatives within their region.
- Execute segment strategic direction and key product initiatives within their region.
- Follow-up of execution of segment, product & business initiatives within the region.
- Collect market & technical input from regional organizations and input this into global segment teams.
- Establish overview, knowledge & understanding of the customer segment with regard to product-technical-color and process aspects of the Axalta Refinish offering.
- Understand competitive landscape and market drivers within the segment.
- Define segment related opportunities and business cases.
- Liaise with sales and technical teams to provide required product support to customers.
- Support to country on business related requests.
- Support/assess private label initiatives.
- Line management of country / country cluster product managers (in regions, where these exist).
- Maintenance of relationships with country product managers (in regions, where these exist).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industrial experience
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in sales, marketing, R&D, and/or product management within the coatings, chemical, collision repair, automotive, or another industrial segment
- Proven technical/product knowledge of refinish and/or automotive coatings including their application, performance, and commercial aspects
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to proactively identify process and efficiency improvement opportunities
- Technical knowledge and experience in managing new product development and product support programs
- Understanding of product life-cycle management
- Demonstrated success in project management
- Understands customer processes and competitive market dynamics
- Travel availability around 20%
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions in over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability initiatives, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.