Occupational Health Advisor
- Post Date:28th October 2022 14621
- Views 38
- Providing professional and clinical OH activities, ensuring standards and practice are in line with clinical excellence and BASF requirements.
- Being the point of contact for designated UK sites for OH topics ranging from health surveillance, management referrals, wellbeing initiatives and site specific health topics.
- Supporting site management in the identification and control of OH hazards to prevent work-related ill health.
- Seeking to improve general OH by advising on appropriate workplace adjustments / rehabilitation, promoting health in the workplace & heathy lifestyles, advising on medical / ill-health retirement and providing advice so as to design out future OH risks.
- Carrying out site based OH workplace assessments and inspections.
- Supporting the analysis of data and trends both internally and externally to shape the OH strategy for the UK.
- Driving occupational health and wellbeing initiatives across the UK.
- Overseeing and auditing the work of the BASF OH Technician and any 3rd party services to ensure clinical standards are met.
- Delivering advice and recommendations on health and wellbeing in response to public health emergencies and advise on appropriate action.
- Maintaining professional skills in line with OH revalidation requirements.
- You are a registered Nurse with a degree (or working towards) or equivalent professional membership in an Occupational Health discipline.
- You have a Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an Occupational Health Adviser role preferably as a Specialist Occupational Health Practitioner.
- You have a detailed understanding of Occupational Health, Safety and relevant employment legislation as well as experience in delivering and supporting case management, capability assessment and rehabilitation plans.
- You have strong experience in carrying out health surveillance programmes and you are up to date with relevant legislation.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and networking skills and are able to work autonomously but also part of a team.
- You have a full UK Driving License and are a confident Microsoft Office user.
- This role will be homebased () however regular travel is required to sites, mostly in the south of England but occasionally it may be necessary to cover sites across the UK. Monthly travel is also required to our headquarters in Stockport.
BENEFITSResponsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.We support flexible working.BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender. We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.Closing date: 17 November 2022About UsAt BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Benefits found in job post
Related Jobs (54)
Regulatory Affairs Manager on 23rd November 2022
Software Engineer (Python / PHP) on 18th November 2022
AP Assistant on 18th November 2022
IT Developer III on 18th November 2022
Sales Assistant – Newcastle – F/T 39 Hours on 18th November 2022
Software Developer (Browser) – HP Wolf Security on 18th November 2022
HR Assistant on 18th November 2022
Manager Marketing Communications, Infrastructure on 18th November 2022
ERP Manager on 18th November 2022
Contractor / Specification Sales Manager on 18th November 2022