- Post Date:29th April 2022
- Views 121
- Career Level Entry
Farrow & Ball – Maintenance Engineer, Wimborne
Farrow & Ball are a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper using only the finest quality ingredients and an eco-friendly water base.
Today the unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out, around the world. With more than 60 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists, we’ve never forgotten our local Dorset roots.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have an excellent experience at each stage of their journey with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our Engineering & Maintenance team at our Head Office in Wimborne.
What We Expect From You
- To ensure that monthly planned maintenance is completed on time, to ensure that any revisions required to the planned maintenance program are notified to the Assistant engineering manager.
- Identify to the engineering management team any potential risk of machine failures and any risk to business. Ongoing improvements to ensure line efficiencies and health & safety compliance in both the wallpaper and paint manufacturing departments.
- To respond to machine breakdowns to minimise production down time and also other facility related break downs and faults.
- Day to day maintenance of all site machinery, services and property as required, with the emphasis on breakdowns either mechanical or electrical.
- Identify shortages of spares holding to minimize any risk to the business.
- Oversee and assist as required planned maintenance by line staff.
- As required, work with sub-contractors and service engineers to ensure that all work is carried out in a timely and efficient manner and to ensure compliance with the Health & Safety at work act.
- A multi skilled engineer with a very broad range of experience gained from working in a production environment and facility maintenance.
- Machine fault finding
- Mechanical trained engineer to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- A time served Multiskilled maintenance engineer, with a proven track record.
- Mech/Elec fault finding with regards to maintenance and breakdowns.
- Background working in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
What You Can Expect From Us
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually based on individual performance
- 24 days’ annual leave which increases with length of service (plus bank holidays)
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
- Free tea and coffee
- Free onsite parking at our head office