Lead Data Engineer
- Post Date:13th July 2023
- Views 46
About the job
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Designs and establishes secure and performant data architectures, enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of data pipelines, repositories or models for structured/unstructured data.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of data system or component; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into data system architecture.
- Leads a project team of other data engineers to develop reliable, cost effective and high-quality solutions for assigned data system, model, or component.
- Collaborates and communicates with project team regarding project progress and issue resolution.
- Represents the data engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members.
Knowledge & Skills
- Using data engineering tools, languages, frameworks to mine, cleanse and explore data.
- Fluent in NoSQL & relational based systems.
- Fluent in complex, distributed and massively parallel systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to represent complex algorithms in software.
- Designing data systems/solutions to manage complex data.
- Strong understanding of database technologies and management systems.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based systems/services.
- Database architecture testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Scope & Impact
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, data scientists and project team.
- Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers and Program Teams.
- Leads a project requiring data engineering solutions development.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent.
- Typically 4-6 years’ experience.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!