Intumescent R&D Chemist
- Post Date:22nd June 2021
- Views 516
Intumescent R&D Chemist
Flixborough, North Lincolnshire
Jotun is a leading player in the Marine, Protective and Decorative paint markets. As such the company offers opportunities for career development in many directions both in UK and abroad. The main R&D laboratory is located in Norway and is one of the largest private research centres in Northern Europe. We have more than 500 people employed in R&D with regional laboratories in China, Korea, Malaysia, Dubai, India, Turkey and USA.
Jotun’s global R&D activities on Intumescent Coatings are centred in our state-of-the-art laboratory in Flixborough, UK, with 5 supporting regional laboratories around the world. Responsible for new product innovations, training, and competence development it also works to expand our geographical spread of specialist facilities, allowing for collaboration and technology sharing throughout the company.
After a decade of sustained growth, Jotun has committed to a multi-million pound project to more than double the size of the existing laboratory in Flixborough, increasing capacity and accelerating new developments, and is seeking to expand its specialist team of intumescent chemists.
It is, therefore, a pleasure to announce that there are vacant positions as an Intumescent R&D Chemist at our R&D Laboratory in Flixborough for the right candidates.
- Technical leader for R&D projects and tasks, Carry out required development and maintenance tasks by planning, formulating, testing and evaluating recipes and raw materials to ensure that the R&D plan goals are met.
- Plan and execute own work
- Report the results from development and maintenance work.
- Search for and make use of relevant knowledge, including new technology, fields through literature, patents, courses, contact with raw material suppliers and internal sources.
- Proactively contribute to lab and department by implementing improvement initiatives and efficient working practices.
- Comply with Jotun working processes and procedures
Qualifications and experience
- Higher education in a scientific subject, chemistry, or similar, preferred (Bachelor, Master or PhD level)
- 2, or more, years experience of working within the Industrial Coating Industry is preferred. More preferred would be direct intumescent coatings development and testing experience
- Experience with product development, testing and raw material evaluation
- Willingness to learn the trade through physical and mental efforts
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to plan, execute and report
- Scientific subjects
- College / University, Master / Phd grade
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- College / University, Master’s degree
- Acts on own initiative and takes responsibility to achieve results
- People and task oriented
- Makes an impact; convinces and persuades others; promotes plans and ideas successfully
- Produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way; speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively
- Constructive teamwork – cooperates well with others; shares knowledge and information
- Competitive package & benefits
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- An international Corporate Culture founded on our four values; Care, Respect, Loyalty and Boldness
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
- Exposure to an international environment
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Closing date for applications is 24th July 2021.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Kerrie Frame, HR Advisor – UK & Ireland at [email protected]