- Post Date:16th September 2023
- Views 16
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries. HSE Manager
Competitive Salary plus benefits
HSE Manager – Introduction
If you are an experienced HSE professional with extensive experience in a manufacturing operation this is an exciting opportunity to join a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK & Europe. We are now recruiting an HSE&S Manager to focus on delivering HSE policy and managing hazards, as well as encouraging a strong safety culture at our manufacturing operation in Felling.
HSE Manager – The Role
- Act as first point of contact for HSE matters.
- Set safety culture & proactively manage risk & hazards.
- Support management & colleagues to develop & ensure implementation of HSES policies.
- Drive the site’s generic HSE activities & initiatives.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identify & implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Coach colleagues to build knowledge of HSE processes.
- Manage & develop direct reports.
- Contribute to the development & implementation of Felling Site Improvement Plans.
- Oversee compliance with company & legal requirements.
- Contribute to the HSE strategy beyond Felling.
HSE Manager – About You
- Bachelor or masters level qualification in HSE, engineering or related specialism.
- Experience of working in a similar HSE management role.
- Familiar with management systems such as ISO 14001 or equivalent.
- Comfortable Identifying & recommending improved practices to reduce accidents.
- Proficient user of MS Office.
- Excellent communication, problem solving & interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key.
- Used to coaching and mentoring others.
- Good at influencing at all levels and nurturing relationships.
Identify and recommend improved practices to reduce accidents and excel in a
robust “near miss” process
HSE&S Manager – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
HSE Manager – How To Apply
Apply online via the link below and we will get back to you.
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 30999
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023