Head of Process Safety EMEA
- Post Date:9th January 2024
- Views 62
About the job
This position is accountable for providing support to the Sherwin-Williams EMEA region sites (UK, Sweden, France, Italy Germany and Poland) for Process Safety Management, and risk control services as follows:
- Implementation and management of the Corporate Process Safety Management framework
- High-hazard risk reviews and critical risk assessments including PHAs, HAZOPS and What-If Analysis
- Process safety action plan development and collaborative support to the EMEAI region in process safety related topic areas including:
- handling or processing of flammable (ignitable) liquids or combustible powders
- resin process safety including venting and control systems
- environmental control systems (e.g. thermal oxidizers)
- life-safety (exiting, illumination, detection and evacuation alarm systems)
- property loss control
- hazardous area classification and control of ignition sources (electrical and mechanical)
- electrostatics control and related systems including qualification assurance
- chemical safety and security risk management
- intermediate bulk containers for liquids and powders
- Nitrogen inerting
- Special hazards including Nitrocellulose, Monomers and Peroxide storage and handling
- Process safety-related capital project prioritization, including supporting definition of scope and risk ranking
- Process safety-related governmental compliance including SEVESO/ COMAH, and ATEX/ DSEAR
- Building process safety competence of the EHS and engineering teams within the region
- Routine communication and collaboration with the region
- Support of Corporate PSM/EHS Audits in the region
- Collaboration and support of achieving the regional and site EHS tactical plans
- Support sites (identify solutions and support advancement and implementation) with closure of level 1, 2, and 3 action plans to mitigate EHS risks.
The incumbent develops critical risk identification and control processes including the review of high risk or high potential consequence safety, process, property or community / environment exposures. The position works with business units, VPs – Operations, EHS Directors and Area EHS Managers to develop targeted safety, process safety, and operational risk control systems, programs or solutions so as to effectively mitigate risk. The position works in both a leadership and hands-on manner to support process safety principles and strategic initiatives established by Corporate EHS / Safety and related Process Safety, Chemical Security, Property Loss Control functions, as well as supporting business unit strategic initiatives and continuous improvement projects associated with chemical, coatings and resin processes.
The position works to support organization adherence to Company EHS / Safety and Process Safety Standards, in addition recognized, UK, EU and in-country standards. The Process Safety Lead focuses activities and initiatives to reduce the incidence and likelihood of occurrence of injuries, illnesses and loss of life, and loss of property and productivity, while seeking regulatory compliance. In addition to risk of injury, illness or death, further exposure is the potential for damage to company reputation, loss of business or profits, and environmental exposure.
The position actively supports the principles of Operational Risk Management and Control and works to enhance the organization-wide use and effectiveness of Operational Risk Control Systems.
- Minimum B.Sc in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, M.Sc preferred
- Should be chartered Eng – also process safety qualifications
- Extensive experience in chemical or related operations
- Knowledge and familiarity with venting calculation methods, NFPA and EU Codes and Standards related to chemical process safety and mechanical integrity
- Knowledge and familiarity with flammable and combustible liquids, physical, reactivity and health hazards associated with same, and electrostatics
- Work life balance – hybrid and flexible working schedule
- Competitive compensation programme and bonus plan
- Career growth opportunities in a truly international environment
- Innovation leaders in the protective coatings industry
- Sherwin Academy offers continuous training programmes for all seniority levels
- Attractive wellbeing, mental health, women & inclusion and ID&E programmes
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive!
Eligibility to Work
You will need to provide proof of right to work. It is a condition of any offer of employment we make to you that you have the permission to work in the country for the role for which you are applying for.
Equal Opportunity Employer
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other protected characteristic prohibited by law.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3797197535
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024