Group Financial Controller
- Post Date:11th December 2023
- Views 63
About the job
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose Of Job
As part of the Finance Leadership Team, the role takes responsibility for the Group internal and external reporting together with the Global Finance and Control activities that underpin the consolidated results. The role is responsible for the group’s technical compliance with IFRS and for maintenance of the group’s accounting manual, including liaison with the operating divisions on the interpretation of group policy.
- Annual and half year statutory and external market reporting including the ownership of the Group Finance team’s preparation of all financial information within the Group annual report and presentations to be delivered to the financial markets
- Liaising with the Group Auditors relating to the Group audit and local statutory filings, being the key point of contact in addressing and resolving potential accounting and disclosure issues with them
- Leading the global monthly group reporting process, by leading the team reviewing, consolidating and challenging the monthly actual and forecast results, and co-ordinating the global finance teams to prepare and review month results in line with the Group timetable
- Overseeing and reviewing the production of the monthly executive and board reports, assimilating the key financial trends and messages before summarising into succinct narrative and illustrative charts
- Liaising with the global BPC systems team, who oversee day to day administration of the Group’s management and statutory reporting consolidation system and its infrastructure, assisting on issues arising from the global user base and helping to maintain a robust systems control environment
- Devising and implementing new global reporting processes including working capital reporting, monthly forecasts, strategic plans, weekly cash flow forecasts and annual tax reporting, in addition to improving existing Group consolidation processes
- Focal point for Group Finance for the finance, tax and treasury teams around the globe, to offer advice and ensure alignment to Group policies and accounting standards.
- Maintaining the Group Accounting policy manual, with responsibility for compliance with evolving IFRS and related regulatory frameworks, managing the impact for the Group, and Supporting divisional finance teams to ensure consistency in the interpretation of Group policies and reporting requirements
- Liaising with external consultants to conduct Purchase Price Allocation accounting in relation to mergers and acquisitions.
- Modelling of forecast data, including sensitivity analysis, scenario planning with potential acquisitions and stress testing, to ensure liquidity and compliance with Group Debt Covenants
Skills & Experience You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Chartered Accountant (CA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- 5+ years post-qualification experience, including experience of group consolidations in medium/large corporates and small-team management
- Trained in a Big Four firm or similar
- Experience within chemical/manufacturing companies is desirable
- Experience of reporting across multiple jurisdictions
- Exceptional planning, organisation and communication skills with the ability to advise and influence multiple stakeholders at all levels
- Professional gravitas, assertive and confident with a high level of personal and professional credibility, presenting to senior stakeholders
- Strong cultural awareness, adaptability and confidence to operate across geographic regions
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3779839679
Related Jobs (8)
HSE Coordinator on 21st December 2023
Premium Product Manager EMEA on 9th February 2024
Business Development Manager, EMEA New Markets on 21st December 2023
Sales Representative Coatings on 29th January 2024
PDC Chemist on 29th January 2024
Shopper Brand Manager Trade on 29th January 2024
Marketing Manager EMEA on 29th January 2024