- Post Date:20th October 2022
- Views 42
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves. With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose of role: This Group Accountant will support the Senior Group Accountant in accurately preparing and managing the company’s financial accounting and compliance tasks. This will include reviewing our statutory accounts, audit tasks and submission of the actuals, budget and forecast. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company in a fast paced environment where you will have Global exposure within a FTS 250 company.
This is a hybrid role in our London Pall Mall office, three days in the office and two from home.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated financial information for the Board
- Composition and ownership of monthly consolidation journals and working papers
- Support with annual budget and year-end/interim financial statements
- Monthly review and analysis of head office costs
- Business partnering for department heads to better understand their corporate costs
- Review of internal control declarations
- Oversight of head office statutory accounts, prepared by shared service centre
- 30-40% of the role comprises ad hoc or project requests
- Assistance in group merger and acquisition integration projects as they arise
- Support the on-going development of consolidation software update (BPC)
- The role will form part of the team designing new management reporting process (SAP A&C)
- Working with legal department on various corporate restructuring projects
- Graduate – Strong academic background
- ACA or equivalent – Recently qualified
- Finance consolidation processes and systems
- Strong analytical and Excel skills and technical awareness
- Confident in dealing with ad-hoc requests from senior colleague
- Desirable – Big 4 experience or in-house experience from larger/global organisation
- Annual company bonus
- Hybrid working patterned
- Medical insurance offering
- Good company pension plan
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (44)
Manufacturing Operator – Stowmarket on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Sales Assistant – Sittingbourne – F/T 39 Hours on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Software Engineers – HP Wolf Security (Cambridge, UK) on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Coating Advisor on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Customer Service Executive on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Integrated Marketing Manager on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Business Systems Developer on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Visual Content Designer on 24th March 2023 Temporary
Sales Assistant / Driver on 24th March 2023 Full Time
Maintenance Technician on 24th March 2023 Full Time