- Post Date:26th September 2023
- Views 52
About the job
General/Production Operator – Cornwall, ON Canada
This is an exciting opportunity to join Axalta Coating Systems that has since the 19th century, developed, manufactured, and provided liquid and powder coatings to diverse industries. From light vehicles, commercial vehicles, and refinish applications to electric motors, architectural facades, pipelines, appliances, furniture, and kitchen cabinetry, our coatings are designed to prevent corrosion, increase productivity, and add beauty. Check out our website for more amazing information: www.axaltacoatingsystems.com
Rotating shifts Mon-Fri 6:50 – 2:55 and 2:50pm to 11:55pm
Our starting rate is 24.38/hour with Health and Dental benefits and RRSP participation starting Day 1.
Plus, we provide all the training needed to be successful and learn extra premiums for extra skills. And you can post internally for higher paying positions.
We are seeking Production Operators workers to work on the production floor of our Cornwall, Ontario Site. You will start cleaning various kinds of vessels as you learn about our processes and products.
- You will also act as a helper and move around to other jobs at the site to assist team members by performing other tasks where needed.
- Position duties and responsibilities can change regularly based on business needs.
- The position is full-time shift work (40 hours per week).
- The shifts will rotate weekly between days (6:50am – 3pm) and afternoons (3pm – 1am).
- There will be opportunities for overtime once fully trained.
- Keen focus on safely performing all duties at all times and following all Axalta’s safety policies and procedures and Quality standards.
- A minimum high school or equivalent diploma
- Previous experience in manufacturing or chemical industry an asset
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs and roll 500lb drums. Pre employment medical assessment required thru company
- Physically fit to wear a respirator as needed and being ok with being clean shaven
- Full range of physical motion is required (push, pull, twist, bend, lift, reach up/down)
- Ability to read and write English and follow written and verbal instruction in English
- Ability to adapt to flexible shifts, work schedules and job duties
- Strong team player with positive attitude
- Fast learner who is self-directed and adaptable to change and frequently shifting priorities
- Able to get and maintain a lift truck license (in-house training provided)
- Employment background checks will be done.
Equipment used: Mixers & Floor Mixers, Lifting Hoist, Scissor Lift, Portable Mixers, Gate & Ball Valves, Automatic Valves, Chemical Hoses, Drum Lift, Hock Meyer (tank wash equipment), Forklift, Reach Truck, Pallet Jack
Axalta has remained at the forefront of the coatings industry by continually investing in innovative solutions. We engineer technologies that protect customers’ products – whether they are battling heat, light, corrosion, abrasion, moisture, or chemicals – and add dimension and beauty with colorful finishes. We have a vast and ever-evolving portfolio of brands primed to play an important part in everything from modernizing infrastructure around the world to enabling the next generation of electric and autonomous vehicles.
Axalta operates its business in two segments: Performance Coatings and Mobility Coatings, which serve four end markets, including Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific. Our diverse global footprint allows us to deliver solutions in over 140+ countries and coat 30 million vehicles per year. We’ve recently set an exciting 2040 carbon neutrality goal, in addition to 10 other sustainability initiatives, and we take pride in working with our customers to optimize their businesses and achieve their goals.
To apply please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3742115299
Related Jobs (21)
Chemical Operator 3rd shift on 8th December 2023
Laboratory Technician R&D on 8th December 2023
Customer Services Representative on 8th December 2023
Systems Analyst on 8th December 2023
Supply Chain Analyst (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th December 2023
Customer Service Support Representative on 13th October 2023
Laboratory Technician (Undergraduate Placement Student) – Shildon on 13th October 2023
Marketing Assistant (Undergraduate Placement Scheme) – Birstall on 8th November 2023
Sales Assistant / Driver on 13th August 2023