- Post Date:27th January 2023
- Views 38
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Filling Operator
£29,050 plus Shift Disturbance Allowance of £7,644.80
Filling Operator – Introduction
If you possess a fork-lift truck licence this is a tremendous opportunity develop your career in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel is home to well-known brands, such as the UK’s favourite Dulux paint, and has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe. We are now recruiting a Filling Line Operator to join our manufacturing site in Stowmarket.
Filling Operator – The Role
- Ensure paint filling & associated equipment operates effectively to meet set production targets.
- Work safely & to the highest H&S standards.
- Collaborate with colleagues to deliver improvements & reduce wastage.
- Resolve equipment problems, support repairs & manage product changeovers.
- Ensure appropriate production pre-checks are undertaken to minimise line downtime.
- Maintain a good housekeeping standards.
Filling Operator – About You
- GCSE passes in Maths & English.
- FLT driving licence.
- Eye for detail.
- Excellent communication, negotiation & interpersonal skills.
- Flexible to work shifts involving weekend working.
- Understands the importance of operating to company procedures & safely.
- City and Guilds and NVQ 1 desirable.
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment an advantage.
Filling Operator – What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days’ holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
Filling Operator – How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team. Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.