EU Territory Account Manager
- Post Date:30th June 2023
- Views 120
About the job
We are seeking a professional like you to lead the sales activities for the business unit in elected territories & ensure alignment with the overall business strategy. You will be responsible for selling the full product & service portfolio of the Division in the precious metals recycling & chemicals markets in specified countries within Europe.
The purpose of the role is to deepen relationships with existing customers, identify & onboard new commercial accounts that meet the profitability, due diligence & credit criteria of the business unit. You will be a key member of the global commercial leadership team & partner with other members of the group to develop & implement the overall business strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, self-starter with strong skills in the areas of influencing others, problem-solving, prioritization, identifying & driving business opportunities.
You will also get to share your ability to prioritize & focus on the most critical tasks to help the team achieve our goals.
This is a remote opportunity for an individual located in UK, Germany or Poland. This individual will be expected to travel up to 50% of the time throughout Europe.
As a Territory Manager your main responsibilities are
- Managing all commercial sales activities in your territory, including maintaining & developing existing business plus identifying & acquiring new customers.
- Keeping abreast of all major changes influencing the precious metals business environment & analyze market trends, identify & monitor growth areas & derive action plans.
- Ensuring active communication & knowledge sharing both within the commercial organization & with other stakeholders within the business unit, particularly relating to market knowledge which could be useful to the trading group.
- Coordinating with all internal stakeholders to properly onboard & ensure the account meets forecast objectives & customers overall satisfaction.
- Anticipating & understanding market trends, as well as unmet customer needs.
- Being responsible for pricing (execution) & financials for the assigned accounts.
- Implementing strategic account-specific plans for the top 10 customers for designated territory. You will be conducting strategic account planning with financial (Business Margin)/volume targets & critical milestones.
- Generating timely call reports using Salesforce, providing weekly high/lowlights as well as key customer & market intelligence, lead documentation & sales funnel (NBO) maintenance.
- Acting as the regional liaison with our division’s Customer Service, Product Management, Trading, Operations & other cross functional team members to further develop the customer experience & expand new business offerings for the division.
- Must be based out of UK, Germany or Poland
- 1+ years experience of working in precious metals industry
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Strength in establishing & maintaining strong relationships with wide range of different customers
- Business segment knowledge: Customer & market value chain
- Ability to identify, negotiate & close new business opportunities that lead to a diversified & profitable portfolio
- Outstanding verbal & written skills; highly motivated, self-starter; admirable organizational & people influencing skills a must
- Problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to develop & implement creative solutions to complex problems while working well in a result-driven team
- Proven ability to identify & internally drive business opportunities & develop winning strategies that deliver commercial results within a diverse, challenging & competitive business climate
- Must be willing and able to travel 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline is preferred
You @ BASF Metals
At BASF you get more than just compensation. Our total offer includes a wide range of elements you need to be your best in every stage of your life. That’s what we call you@BASF metals. Our Periodic Table of Benefits includes some additional perks below for starters…
· Award winning pension
· Private medical insurance with option to cover your family
· Critical illness income protection
· Company shares plan
· Employee Assistance Program
· Service-related awards
· Flexible work arrangements whenever possible
· Bonus plan
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
BASF Metals Ltd takes security & data privacy very seriously. Will we never request personal or financial information of any kind via e-mail, private text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a remote position and send a candidate a check for equipment or request any type of payment during the job application process.
- As a chemicals supplier to almost all industries, BASF will establish a standalone subsidiary dedicated to its Mobile Emissions Catalysts, Precious Metals Trading, Recycling & related Products & Services business. The new group is referred to as BASF Environmental Catalyst & Metal Solutions & is wholly owned by BASF. BASF Environmental Catalyst & Metal Solutions will operate globally in over 15 countries & comprise of approximately 20 production sites & over 4,000 employees.