Customs Administrator x 2
- Post Date:8th July 2022
- Views 52
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
The overall responsibility in this role is to achieve Customs Clearance and associated reporting requirements for all BASF imports and exports in the UK. The main activities of this role include-
- Working directly with vendors and associated Customs Clearance providers to ensure operational relationships and reliable supply of goods are maintained and will also provide feedback and support the creation of KPI information.
- Managing import clearance and onward delivery from port to UK sites for raw materials and intercompany purchases by collaborating closely with appointed clearance agents and hauliers and communicating estimated delivery times as required.
- Ensuring that all import and export documentation is accurate, updated and filed accordingly and coordinate any customs entry amendments and submit a monthly Minor Post Entry Amendment return to HMRC.
- Providing the in-house tax department with Customs & Excise IPR data for imported and exported materials and support local tax in the case of an audit as well as data required for them to prepare the Tied Oils reporting to Customs and Excise.
- Supporting the in-house Tax Department with any information required by them to complete any other HMRC reports as well as providing them with import clearance details on a monthly basis.
- In addition, as a member of the Logistics team there is an expectation to support and cover wider logistics and supply chain activities as the need arises.
- The ability to demonstrate an understanding of the activities involved in Customs, Logistics and Supply Chain.
- You have a good level of education (minimum A-level standard or equivalent).
- Ideally, you are APICS certified in Basics of Supply Chain Management.
- You have a good awareness of Customs legislative and reporting issues surrounding the import of chemicals and good commercial awareness and knowledge of business processes.
- You have strong IT skills in MS Office and can develop your skills with SAP R/3.
- Must be fluent in English.
- You have good organisational skills, as well as good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
We support flexible working.
BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are a signatory of the BITC race at Work Charter and we partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex,
national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion,disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics.
We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.
Closing date- 10.07.2022
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.