- Post Date:21st May 2021
- Views 506
Farrow & Ball – Combined role, Colour Consultant (hours dependant on demand) with Showroom Assistant, Cambridge.
Upon starting this role, you will have 15 hours in the showroom and additional colour consultations. Once demand has increased, this will convert to a field-based Colour Consultant role.
Farrow & Ball are a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper using only the finest quality ingredients and an eco-friendly water base.
Today the unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out, around the world. With more than 60 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists, we’ve never forgotten our local Dorset roots.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have an excellent experience at each stage of their journey with us.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in Cambridge.
The role of a Farrow & Ball Colour Consultant is to provide an in-home & online colour consultancy service that adheres to Farrow & Ball standards, whilst meeting the customer’s needs and providing an excellent service.
What We Expect From You
- Visit customer’s home (business, commercial space etc.) to advise and devise appropriate colour schemes (paint & paper) for the customer’s requirements.
- Produce detailed specification to include chosen colours, wallpaper, quantity, finishes, and third party/licenced products and costings.
- Manage the end to end customer journey ensuring appropriate pre- and post-visit follow up, facilitation of post consultancy orders, early resolution of queries or questions.
- Proactively sell the colour consultancy service and maximise sales of F&B products.
- Undertake regular visits to Showrooms to ensure the Colour Consultancy service is promoted, and to keep up to date with new products, training and company campaigns and initiative.
Virtual Colour Consultancy, in addition to the above duties
- Offer Virtual Colour Consultancy service where appropriate & geographical needs cannot be met ensuring the same high standards and behaviours are applied.
- Engage with customers over an online portal to deliver a virtual ‘in-home’ décor service as required by the client.
- Adapting pre- and post-visit practices in order to effectively support a Virtual Colour Consultancy.
Fulfil duties of a Showroom Assistant during your Showrooms hours, with an additional focus on:
- Training of new team members to instil general interior design knowledge.
- To attend events and assist Managers in local marketing & event exercises, such as ‘Meet the Expert’ & promos in line with the marketing calendar.
- Regularly update the CC corner of the SR to be inspirational & informative.
, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong sales acumen – able to close, maximise sales and identify growth opportunities
- Interior Design – able to create inspirational spaces and be aware of trends and influencers across all platforms
- Product Expertise – excellent understanding of F&B products, history, manufacturing, and brand
- Technical Expertise – understanding structures, lighting, substrates, spatial awareness
- Understanding of the F&B points of difference and value for money messaging
- Understanding of different property types, periods, locations etc
- Understanding of colour psychology and translate these to F&B colour schemes
- IT proficient – Microsoft Office (Excel essential), iPad, CRM, sales systems, and Outlook Diary Management
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings
- Authenticity – able to communicate visions and plans in a way that is appropriate to the individual customer’s experience and requirements, whilst actively listening and asking insightful questions
- Influence – able to provide options and schemes to encourage the full F&B product range throughout the home and on all substrates
- Self-starter – high levels of drive and motivation with the ability to work independently
- Relationship management – create and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Planning & prioritisation skills – highly organised and able to manage workload effectively
- Previous design experience highly desirable
- Experience in product or service sales and promotion
- Industry accreditation, professional membership or qualification desirable
- Able to travel to consultations and have a flexible schedule covering weekends and evenings
- Full & clean driving licence with own car and business insurance
What You Can Expect From Us
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually based on individual performance
- 24 days’ annual leave which increases with length of service (plus bank holidays)
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Employee Share Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
- Free tea and coffee
We are an equal opportunities employer.