Chemical Process Operator
- Post Date:5th August 2021 13949
- Views 181
William Blythe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Synthomer plc. We are a leading manufacturer of speciality inorganic chemicals and committed to both expanding and developing our product range through collaborative partnerships with new and existing customers. Our ambition is to move into both novel chemical entities and applications.
The Operations team at William Blythe work together in delivering a diverse range of customer requirements alongside world class levels in SHE performance. With a focus on agility, the team work closely with William Blythe colleagues in capturing additional process opportunities by improving the integrity and reliability of the site assets through effective use of Manufacturing Excellence tools.
Following a detailed training programme, you will have the competence to perform chemical and manufacturing operations in a safe and effective manner, monitoring and controlling product performance and quality as part of a five man highly trained shift team. At William Blythe we are passionate about supporting our employees in developing their career in an inclusive workforce where everyone’s ideas are acknowledged and considered.
- Work as part of a five person, four on four off, highly trained shift team working 2 days followed by two nights.
- Make plant and equipment ready for the introduction of process materials and achieve process specification by starting up plant and adjusting process conditions
- To observe Company safety and environmental procedures
- Maintain the required process conditions by monitoring and adjusting
- Confirm the quality of process stream/ product by sampling and testing
- Completing necessary documentation and controlling the receipt, packaging, labelling, storing and handling of all materials and finished product
- Working towards our ambition to be a world class manufacturer and will be prepared to participate in formal, nationally accredited training programs.
To Join Our Successful Team, You Will Need
- A minimum of 5 GCSE grade C or above
- Experience in an industrial or process manufacturing environment
- Exposure to formal business improvement techniques training
- Lean manufacturing would be an advantage
- Good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines to business demands.
- NVQ Level 3 in Process Operations (Gold Standard) would be desirable
- Counter Balance Fork Lift Truck Licence is also desirable
In Addition, We Offer a Highly Desirable Benefits Package
- Subsidised Private Health Insurance
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Contributory Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Insurance
- Support Counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Free parking on site
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.