Business Systems Developer
- Post Date:24th March 2023
- Views 29
Farrow and Ball – Business Systems Developer, Wimborne, Dorset
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our IT team in Wimborne as a Business Systems Developer. We are offering this position on a full-time basis, working hybrid based.
Farrow & Ball is a luxury British lifestyle brand that prides itself in creating richly pigmented paint and handcrafted wallpaper, using print methods dating back 300 years and the finest quality ingredients.
The unique Farrow & Ball look transforms modern and traditional homes, large and small, inside and out. Established in Dorset in 1946, we have grown over the last 75 years and now proudly have 60 showrooms worldwide with a global network of stockists.
The key to our success is our passionate craftsmen, showroom teams and support functions who ensure that our customers have a positive, engaging experience at every stage of their journey with us.
As the Business Systems Developer, you will work within a small in-house business systems (ERP, CRM, EPOS & BI) development and support team to drive continual improvement in Farrow & Ball’s global operations by specifying, developing, and testing key improvements to processes and systems.
You will influence the Farrow & Ball strategy on creating seamless digitally connected information systems, removing barriers to effective, timely decision making.
What we expect from you as a Business Systems Developer.
- Carrying out developments to agreed success criteria aligned with the business need
- Following AGILE sprint methodology under the steering of the Business & Information Systems Manager
- Representing Business Systems in project meetings and take on ownership of tasks
- Conducting research from which you will develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Looking for opportunities to use business systems across other functions in the business
- Using algorithms to solve problems business wide
- Acting as a reporting analyst as and when required
- Ability to identify with, and demonstrate affinity with F&B’s core values (Courageous, Excellence Honesty, Team, Original, and Passionate)
- Analytical, lateral, and inquiring thinking style
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience of using PL/SQL in a production environment
- Experience of using an Enterprise class ERP solution (IFS, SAP, Oracle or Dynamics) in a busy manufacturing or retail environment, IFS would be a distinct advantage.
- To have worked with an IT service environment, meeting and exceeding SLAs desirable
- Experience with IFS Apps 9 (or higher), Cognos Express (BI and TM1/PA) or CRM systems would be a distinct advantage
- Leading from the front in a hands-on, practical manner
- Ability to align with and contribute to a small, focused team quickly
- Task orientated, able to work to fixed deadlines and SLAs
- Logically minded, likes to use data and evidence to support findings
- Excellent communication and empathy skills
- Strong service ethos
- Comfortable working independently and under pressure from time to time
What you can expect from us
- 24 days’ annual leave (increasing with length of service) plus bank holidays
- Annual salary reviews, based on individual performance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Generous staff discount on F&B products
- Access to Perkbox, our retail discounts platform
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 support
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Sick Pay
- Group Pension Scheme, matched by F&B
- Life Assurance
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loans for travel
At Farrow & Ball we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our people, with an aim to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers. Applicants will be considered for employment based only on skills/experience and never based off of race, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or family status, including pregnancy.