- Post Date:6th April 2021 13667
- Views 18
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Competitive salary and generous benefits
The AkzoNobel Manufacturing Plant in Ashington is the World’s most advanced and sustainable paint manufacturing plant of its kind, and the home of Dulux in the UK. Our premium decorative paint products are in high demand, so this is a great opportunity for you to join our highly flexible and skilled team to ensure the supply of household brands such as Dulux and Cuprinol to all our customers and enable the creation of a new organisational structure and improve the performance of our plant.
- The day to day management of people within the warehouse function, ensuring that staff comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures.
- Housekeeping standards and continuous improvement within the warehouse.
- Ensuring that the right materials are delivered to the Ashington site, at the right time, to ensure an efficiently optimized production schedule can be achieved.
- Develops a passion for HSE&S, Sustainability and Quality in the team and reviews performance – setting targets for continuous improvement.
- Drives commercial awareness through an understanding of key financial data and business acumen.
- Has a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carries out all work in a safe manner with regards to oneself and others, reporting any issues via appropriate system.
- Understands customer needs and requirements to continually evaluate and adjust operational processes to optimise lead time, transport and cost to continue delivering leading levels of service and sustainability.
- Develops and maintains systems, procedures and qualifications to ensure compliance with all AkzoNobel standards, financial auditing (stock control) and transport regulations.
- Allocates and monitor the progress and quality of work with his/her area of responsibility.
- Manages individual performance and development of skills – challenging to deliver results and continuously stretch goals across his/her area of responsibility.
- Understands the IBP output and customer needs and ensures operations are set up to continue delivering leading levels of service at the lowest imaginable cost.
- Drives a lean continuous improvement culture, establishing and transferring best practice and knowledge across his/her area of responsibility.
- Liaises with the UK Planning team and EMEA Logistics to communicate and continuously improve issues with adherence to plan, and ensure actions are put in place through root cause analysis and lean methodologies.
- Ensures effective data management of planning system, understanding of transport requirements or constraints and undertake offline continuous improvement modelling to ensure further optimisation of logistics efficiency.
- Manage and review requirement plans for raw and pack material.
- Oversees the planning and scheduling of materials into production sites
- Review MRP outputs to ensure MOQs and inventory targets are adhered to
- Manage MRP exception messages by exception on a daily basis.
- Ensure sufficient materials are available for call-off in accordance with the latest production schedule
- Ensure availability, optimized inventory levels and PO integrity of assigned products through usage of planning systems.
- Follow up continuously on open PO’s, expedite PO’s within the lead-times, maintain open POs in SAP, ensure correct expected delivery dates.
- Provide and own applicable KPI’s e.g. stock accuracy, slow moving and obsolete stock reporting
- To work with the Planning teams to ensure that supplier capabilities are understood and then improvement activities are implemented.
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures to ensure compliance with all AkzoNobel standards and financial auditing (stock control).
- Inputs to the inventory policy for materials
- Inputs to the replenishment policies used for materials supplied into the business
- Liaises with the Material Planners to ensure material availability for the agreed schedule
- Continued professional development of knowledge of transport legislation, security standards and able to teach, train and coach others as required.
- Supervise and control order picking, goods in, goods out operations to ensure accuracy with minimum handling and stock damage
- Lead, follow up and resolve quality and non-compliant delivery concerns
- Responsible for ensuring all shipments have the appropriate shipping documentation for the country that they are being dispatched to.
- Record and communicate all shortage issues to the relevant Materials Planners
- Monitor stock levels in order to highlight minimum and excess levels and therefore prevent part shortages or slow-moving stock
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a business or logistics discipline.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports and present information to managers, customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work with, and apply, mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Professional experience in a logistics/export environment.
- Demonstrated SAP knowledge and experience in investigating inbound and outbound errors.
- Develop and monitor processes and procedures for his/her area of responsibility.
- Experienced FLT driver desirable
- Experience of operating in a supervisory capacity
- Good IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel and SAP skills
Who are AkzoNobel?
Customers around the world use our trusted brands and products. Some of them are household names, others are more specialist products, but everything we make is likely to play an essential role in your daily routine. We are experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in colour and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Our products transform homes and interiors, make buildings better, keep transport moving, and the wheels of industry turning. We have four clear and simple values: Customer Focused, Deliver on Commitments, Passion for Excellence and Winning Together. These values provide the ‘how’ for successful strategy implementation.
If you want to be part of an organisation that is truly passionate about what they do and how they do it then we would love to hear from you.
Please note: In the event of a high candidate response to this vacancy we may close the application period earlier than the date shown.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 8733