- Post Date:2nd March 2021 13547
- Views 40
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water-based polymers with leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, paper and nitrile medical gloves. The acquisition of the highly complementary OMNOVA Solutions Inc in April 2020 has extended the group’s geographic reach, expanded the global platform and will accelerate the further differentiation of the business.
We have operational headquarters in London, UK, and provide customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Beachwood, Ohio, USA.
You will be joining a professional and enthusiastic finance team, who strive to provide best in class services within the organisation. Our shared service centre covers all financial activities for most of our European sites as well as USA and Egypt.
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting directly to the VAT Compliance Manager, Europe, the purpose of this role is to support the VAT Compliance Manager Europe in ensuring VAT compliance obligations across the European business. This role works closely with Business Stakeholders, Finance, Customer Service, Accounts Payable and the Group’s external VAT compliance advisors, while gaining significant exposure to European indirect tax matters. This role contributes to the Team’s responsibility of the accurate and timely submission of all required indirect tax filings in Europe.
- Assisting in preparation of all relevant UK and European VAT returns, ECSL and Intrastat reports
- Reviewing previous transactions for any known VAT issues
- Assisting in performance of monthly UK and European VAT balance sheet reconciliations
- Providing testing support where systems changes are made which impact on VAT and reporting
- Assist in all tax related enquiries and where necessary liaise with other relevant parties
- Work with colleagues within Finance in improving VAT correction and transaction processes ensuring that they comply with legislative requirements
- Great team working, organisational and communication skills;
- Competent in VAT accounting requirements
- Accounting or tax qualification (e.g. ATT, CTA)
- Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and to manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Able to function effectively in a changing environment
- Good understanding of finance and accounting principles
- Highly IT literate with experience in accounting systems (e.g. SAP preferred) and highly proficient in Microsoft products including Excel
In addition, we offer a highly desirable benefits package:
- Private health insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Support counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Subsidised canteen Harlow
- Free parking at Harlow office
Please send your CV and supporting statement to: [email protected]