- This position is required to learn through on the job, e-learning and manager lead training how to support the growth of top line sales at B&Q stores through implementing sales/marketing programs, training activities, service and merchandising responsibilities
- The store count will vary range based on geography, store volume and business requirements.
- Learn how to establish strong selling relationships with store associates, store management and other customer contacts.
- Continually promote and represent the brand and product strengths to B&Q store teams and consumers.
- Become familiar with CRM system to document sales calls and store visits.
- Learn how to conduct events to promote products and to increase sales.
- Support Region to ensure in store activations and business activity are executed successfully
- Prepare performance summary to Regional Manager of Sales performance, Training, Business Directed Activity and In Store Activations monthly that meet or exceed goals
- Learn how to develop, promote, implement and evaluate Partnerships across customer base including periodic formal meetings with Store Unit Managers as directed by the business
- Ensure that the Sherwin Williams brands are leveraged across the customer base
- Gain extensive product knowledge on all Sherwin Williams brands including but not limited to Valspar, Ronseal, Purdy, Colron
- Learn how to conduct product knowledge training sessions for all B&Q Store teams. Training should include features, benefits as well as selling skills and may include a demo of the products.
- Learn how to conduct sales training to current and newly hired B&Q Store Team
- Support Training of store teams on equipment, and in Store Excellence and maintenance. i.e. tinting machines
- Learn how to identify opportunities in service/upselling and maximizing resource at store level with solution
- Assist store teams with all customer service activity including tinting/mixing paint as needed.
- Department review of all SW products. Review all products on shelf to ensure products are fully stocked and properly displayed
- Merchandising / Color Collateral / Displays
- Maintain store signage, merchandising displays, color chip and color card stock.
- Ordering inventory of collateral to ensure inventory is stocked.
- Misc. Responsibilities
- Region support as needed
- Attended required conference call
- Attend local and non-local trainings as required (i.e. Sales Excellence)
- Attend Regional Sales Meetings and National Sales Meeting(s)
- Complete required paperwork/reports in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to CRM logging/updates, expense reporting
- A sound education to A-Level standard or equivalent
- Previous experience in Customer Service, Sales, Marketing or other Business related field.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule. This includes evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Strong Organizational & Communication skills
- Must have the ability to learn to operate the in store tinting machines
- Must be able to operate a smart phone & computer
- Conducting presentations to groups of employees
- Experience in sales, customer service or merchandising
- Ability to work independently
- P&L / Budget Management
- Previous paint/coatings experience
ExperiencePrevious experience in Customer Service, Sales, Marketing or other Business related field.
QualificationsA sound education to A-Level standard or equivalent