We are currently seeking a Tax Analyst to work as part of the Indirect Tax Group in our Shared Services Centre in Witney, reporting to the supervisor of the Indirect Tax Group.
The Tax Analyst would perform all activities required to timely and accurately prepare and submit local VAT-filings, VOC-declarations, Intrastat Reports and EC-Sales Lists to the competent authorities.
They would be expected to perform their tasks by applying rules and regulations in effect with respect to VAT, VOC and Intrastat reporting and operating with some supervision on a day-to-day basis.
- To execute the VAT preparation and submission process for the companies assigned – this includes running tax register and sales reports, verifying data, checking invoices and making adjustment entries where required in order to submit accurate VAT filings on time
- To execute the Intrastat and EC Sales list preparation and submission process for the companies assigned – this includes running sales reports, analysing sales data, making corrections where necessary and uploading and submitting the reports to the Competent Authorities
- Play an active role in onboarding of (new) entities at the Indirect Tax Group – mapping activities currently performed at the company and planning and transferring activities to the SSC
- Provide support and play an active role in the implementation of new systems in the field of Indirect Tax such as OneSource, Making Taxes Digital for VAT and similar activities
- Actively follow developments in the field of Indirect Taxation – legal changes, relevant court verdicts, rate changes etc. – and recommend appropriate actions
- Respond to questions from the Business related to the correct application of VAT rules and regulations and ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures
- Fluency in both English and one or more major European languages
- Willingness to develop further in the field of taxation
- Must be able to work well whilst under pressure, meeting strict deadlines and targets with minimum supervision
- PC skills; MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other applications as required, with an emphasis on Excel skills (Macros, Pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s etc)
- Experience with ERP systems – preferably Oracle 11 and 12
- Applying fundamental VAT principles and practices
- Ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Inquisitive and eager to learn and further develop
- Organisational sensitivity
- ExperienceRelevant experience in a finance role or qualified Tax Accountant
- QualificationsPart qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, AAT etc)