An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive individual, who enjoys problem solving and is methodical in their approach to work to join the Laboratory Team.
We are looking for an experienced chemist/senior technician with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our established Laboratory Team. You will have a strong grounding in the flexographic and gravure printing inks and specialist coatings industries so that you can hit the ground running.
You will be dealing with internal personnel and external customers at various levels. As a proven self-motivator with strong drive and initiative, you should be able to demonstrate the following essential skills: accuracy and attention to detail; good planning and organising skills; and the ability to self-prioritise workload.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Formulate and test samples as part of new product development
- Identifying raw materials & testing including new products and pre shipment samples
- Provide technical support on existing products to our UK international customers
- Provide technical support to Sales account managers
- Attending customer sites for trials and meetings as required
- Provide technical support to Production and Quality Control Departments
- Investigate processing and batch issues that arise
- Maintain relevant technical and safety records pertaining to role
- Colour Matching and Ink Testing
- Supporting junior staff, developing their skills and knowledge
- Have knowledge of raw material suppliers
- Knowledge of resin, polymer, pigment, wax and adhesion promoter technology
- Have a good understanding of converter and end use requirements
- Good knowledge of IT systems, including Microsoft Office and proven ability to learn bespoke IT systems quickly
- Understand industry test methods and equipment such as X Rite Colour prediction systems, laboratory proofers
- Organised, methodical and accurate
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary£25,000-£28,000 depending on experience
- ExperienceProven experience with solvent based Flexographic/Gravure inks and coatings, experience within the liquid ink industry