Senior Financial Analyst
- Post Date:17th September 2020
- Views 219
- Salary Competitive Plus Benefits
This is a key role in the Consumer Brands finance team working across functions and European markets to support the Consumer Brands Group organisation and plays an active part in the regional office accounting operations function supporting the total business.
Reporting to the Financial Operations Controller, this commercially focused Finance role is responsible for providing Planning and Reporting support to the organization. You will use your skills and abilities to support the profitable growth of the business through employing robust financial processes. Where these processes require improvement, you will play a vital role in identifying, recommending and implementing improvements.
The successful applicant will be a quick learner with a keen eye for detail and possess an inquisitive nature. They will be able to rapidly acquire and demonstrate commercial acumen and be an effective business partner to the Commercial teams.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience across the breadth of Consumer Brands Group and become part of a dynamic industry, in a role where you can make a tangible impact.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including profit and loss reports and balance sheet for multiple entities
- Prepare and upload monthly journals
- Ad hoc exception reporting and analysis as required
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Attend monthly budget holder meetings to discuss departmental P&Ls and variance analysis, ensuring a focus on cost controls and budget management
- Assist in the co-ordination and preparation of the annual business plan and monthly forecasts, by liaising with the relevant departments to deliver SG&A information.
- Assist Commercial Finance Controller with Ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities that arise
- Providing information for audits and liaising with auditors
- Undertake other projects and analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- Be an effective communicator of financial information
- Ensures compliance with corporate, statutory and department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned Formal Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Professional accounting qualification with CIMA, ACCA. Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of being a business partner.
- Ability to applying fundamental financial analysis principles and practices.
- Creativity and ability to appraise new business opportunities and ways of working. Experience of driving cost control.
- Communicating within a team and good questioning skills with the authority and credibility to gain respect.
- Financial/ commercial acumen – ability to see the whole picture but not lose sight of the detail and make sound financial decisions.
- Researching and resolving financial discrepancies.
- PC skills; Oracle; MicroStrategy; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applications as required.
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
At Sherwin-Williams, we’re proud of the company we keep — our family of loyal employees. To learn about our company and our culture go to Sherwin.com/careers.
Related Jobs (5)
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Swedish, Danish or Norwegian Speaker) on 22nd July 2020 Full Time