Pulse Roll Label Products
- As a leading and growing supplier of inks and coatings to the Narrow Web Label Market and proud winners of a Queens Award for Enterprise 2015, Pulse Roll Label Products is looking to enhance our Technical Department with an, analytical, R & D Technician with a desire for excellence. The successful applicant will assist us as we continue to grow our UK and international business serving the global printed label industry.
- In the R&D Technician role you will assist with the development and improvement of our product ranges, which include UV curable inks and varnishes for flexo printing, screen printing and water based products.
- The successful candidate will be an active member of a small team and will assist and work with other R & D team members, as well as with Production, QC and Technical Sales, to ensure the quality our ink and coating product ranges are at the forefront of the industry.
- Will suit an enthusiastic, laboratory orientated individual, who is proactive and self-motivated with a desire for excellence. You will also enjoy using your passion for science to resolve technical enquiries, production issues/investigations, colour matchings and to work on development projects
- Offers opportunities to grow and progress in an innovative company. You will be part of a small R&D team working within the in the Technical department but will support both Technical Customer Service and Quality Control when required.
- Will suit a Chemistry graduate or someone with one to two years laboratory experience in an R&D role, who is both quality and process driven, and who has the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Planning, evaluating and executing R & D experiments to assist with the development of new formulations and products
- Recording and testing of new formulations e.g. ink performance tests
- Contributing to development, scale up and manufacture of inks and coatings in cooperation with Production and Operations
- Technical enquiries requiring development of improved products
- Assistance during busy periods with in house technical service enquiries by customers, to include colour matching, product improvement, investigation of customer complaints and internal production matters
- Quality control including testing, maintenance and update or records
- Following Company, Health & Safety and Lean Manufacturing policy and procedures
- Organising work in accordance with Company Lean principles, including Continuous Improvement, and 5S
- Report writing and attendance at weekly meetings
- Following standard laboratory practices
- A Chemistry graduate or educated to ‘A’ level standard with one or two years of Laboratory experience in ink manufacture or coatings or a similar industry
- Knowledge of colour theory beneficial (candidate cannot be colour blind)
- Strong practical skills
- Positive attitude and eager to learn
- A good communicator
- A strong desire for excellence
- Flexibility in working hours
- If you feel you do not have all the technical skills but have a passion for science and enjoy working with people, please apply!
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
SalarySalary is negotiable and dependent on skills and experience but a minimum of £20,000 per annum. Benefits include 25 days annual holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday, a pension scheme and free parking.
Experienceone or two years of Laboratory experience in ink manufacture or coatings or a similar industry
QualificationsA Chemistry graduate or educated to ‘A’ level standard