- Post Date:9th February 2021 13464
- Views 36
Job Title: R&D Microbiologist
Core Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide microbiological expertise in the areas of water, facility, environment, standard microbiology test methods and process/product control systems
- Serve as primary microbiology technical lead for EMEAI Operations with direct responsibility for:
- Ensuring compliance to the requirements of the Microbial Control Program Quality Standards.
- Monitoring performance through coordinating annual hygiene audits at EMEAI Sherwin Williams manufacturing sites with water-borne production processes.
- Tracking and trending of site-specific hygiene performance and development of action plan as required.
- Lead site specific projects meant to drive continuous improvement.
- Attend manufacturing site-specific Continuous Improvement Plans (CIP) meetings to assist manufacturing sites with specific hygiene related improvement projects
- Support timely investigation and resolution of site-specific hygiene quality issues
- Promote awareness of industrial hygiene best practices within operations.
- Leading and implement training programs with the MPC program
- Coordinate microbiology laboratory testing with key biocide supply partners or conduct microbiology laboratory testing internally (dependent on available internal laboratory capabilities)
- Coordinate submission of continuous monitoring testing from the manufacturing sites to key biocide supply partners and distribute results to key stakeholders at each site.
- Coordinate submission of Preservative Efficacy Testing and/or Dry Film Preservative Testing from EMEAI Regional R&D Labs to key biocide supply partners and distribute results to key stakeholders at each site.
- Utilize basic microbiology techniques (e.g. aseptic technique, spread & streak plating, plate count, serial dilutions, isolation of microorganisms, sterile filtration, etc), and utlitization of microbiology lab equipment (e.g. micro-pipetters, incubators, chemical fume hood, etc) or coatings lab equipment (e.g. air mixers, paint shakers, fume trunks, pH meter, balance, etc).
- Independently analyze and summarize microbiology data with little to no review by a supervisor.
- Communicate and influence at multiple levels within R&D, Quality and Operation management.
- Maintain open communication with the Global Microbiology Resource Center Leadership Team.
- Basic knowledge of best practices for cleaning and sanitization within an industrial process.
- Basic understanding of production equipment used in consumer product/industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to read and interpret SDS files and to properly handle organic and inorganic chemicals.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a biological science focus is required
- Experience with Quality Requirements for production and preservative formulations of Water-borne Consumer Product is required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a Microbiology is preferred
- Experience with Quality Requirements for production and preservative formulations of Water-borne Paint & Coating Product is preferred
- Strong strategic view to implement and drive the MCP plan within the region
- Good interaction and contact with floor operator and site workforce to develop methodology and drive new practices
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies. Equal Opportunity
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law .
Related Jobs (16)
- Technical Service Technician (Ink) – North Bristol on 2nd March 2021 Full Time
- Industrial Placement – Data Science Engineer Innovation Incubator on 9th February 2021 Full Time