Plant Quality Manager
- Post Date:11th August 2020
- Views 151
- Career Level Five years of progressive experience within the manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience.Experience Experience of manufacturing operationsQualifications Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Chemistry or equivalent education and experience.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- The enforcement of safe systems of work and holding those below them in the management structure accountable for their health and safety performance.
- The provision of safety equipment, safe working environment, and ensuring all employees/contractors are provided with and wear the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Ensure that employees in your department are adequately informed, instructed, trained, and supervised to safely carry out work for which they are engaged.
- Ensure a safe working environment, striving for zero recordable injuries in compliance with internal policies and external legislation, through the delivery of key enabling activities (e.g. Near
- Misses, Safety Observations, timely completion of actions). Ensure that safety and environmental incidents are fully investigated and the appropriate countermeasures established.
- Overall Management of Quality Control systems and Quality control of Site manufactured batches
- Supervises staff to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary
- Preparation and compilation of Certificates of Analysis and Certificates of Conformity, for all products
- Maintenance of the electronic Quality Control Record Management System in accordance with agreed procedures and requirements and in line with ISO9001/ ISO14001 (remove if not relevant).
- Prepare and take ownership of the Site Quality Plan, in association with the Regional and Corporate Quality requirements.
- Report Quality Statistics, including total batches, OTMIS, distressed batches, and product quality complaints.
- Work with colleagues to drive improvement in OTMIS and reduction in Distressed Batches, by working with the various Operations Departments.
- Review product quality complaints and out of specification approvals for Manufacturing and Finished Products. Coordinate the investigation of these items as necessary.
- Ensure the site continues to be compliant with SW Quest Quality Standards.
- Take ownership of the audit schedules and driving actions from those audits to maintain the company standards.
- Assist the site to develop and apply relevant continuous improvement techniques, as well as within your own team..
- Conduct audits of finished product quality.
Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Chemistry or equivalent education and experience.
Certification or License within a quality program or body of knowledge is preferred.
- Five years of progressive experience within the manufacturing industry, including supervisory experience.
- Applying comprehensive quality management principles and practices;
- Developing and implementing programs, policies, and procedures;
- Investigating and resolving complex product and operational problems
- Leading activities with other departments or groups;
- Auditing comprehensive programs and operations for quality;
- Developing, analyzing and reviewing quality reports and documents;
- Interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any inquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies**
Related Jobs (50)
Consumer Experience Manager – Hooton Roberts, Rotherham on 17th May 2020 Full Time