- Post Date:2nd March 2021 13545
- Views 34
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
This position is responsible for all the multi-country payroll activities in the company, ensuring all data is timely and accurately provided to the outsourced vendor. Demonstrate a strong knowledge of EMEAI and UK payroll practices and processes. Processing of the payroll data in accordance with the prescribed timetables. The Company’s EMEAI payroll specialist objectives are to ensure the Vendor makes accurate and timely payments to all employees, makes payroll deductions for taxes, statutory payments, benefits, and other items to respective parties.
In addition, this individual will be responsible for performing a standard set of internal controls over UK & EMEAI region payroll processes to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial data related to the payroll function, the protection of Company assets, and the privacy of employee data. Furthermore, this position is also responsible for making certain the Company is in compliance with all current and future payroll laws and regulations for each Country within the region.
The Payroll Specialist should also demonstrate some payroll transition/implementation skills and knowledge/experience to support the Regional Manager, EMEAI Payroll and the Project team deliver a successful, Payroll and Time and attendance transition/implementation projects.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Perform the day to day payroll processing activities.
- Responsible for sending payroll related data to the local payroll bureaus for payroll processing, adhering to the payroll calendar deadlines.
- Ensure the vendors make accurate and timely preparation of earnings statements and payment of wages for the employees in the countries assigned.
- To ensure that Employees Net Pay payments are made on time.
- Perform peer review and back-up UK & EMEAI Payroll team members
- Follow payroll-related compliance and controls.
- Resolve level payroll problems and investigate any discrepancy.
- Act as first point of escalation for general payroll related questions and be responsible for operation issue resolution or escalation for EMEAI Payroll Department.
- Respond to all internal and external inquiries on payroll related issues, social insurance, and taxation.
- Ensuring timely responses for all payroll queries and where required following up with vendors or escalating to Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI .
- Identify and present solutions for continuous process improvement and take training, workshops and knowledge sessions quarterly, at a minimum.
- Build and foster “customer” relationships with key business partners, both internal and external.
- Responsible for payroll audits, internal and external agencies in collaboration with correct stakeholder
- Responsible to bring to the immediate attention of the Regional Manager, EMEAI Payroll any identified payroll or compliance issues
- Identify and execute payroll process improvements
- Document and maintain payroll procedures manual
- Able to partner, collaborate and support all key stakeholders, customer, local and Global Payroll Team.
- Performs routine and non-routine data retrieval, research, analysis, and reporting from payroll record as requested.
- Preparation and submission of year end reporting and any other Pay As You Earn and Benefit In Kind (BIK) requirements.
- Support or lead Tax/Social Security compliance investigation, Internal and External Audit on specific issues as and when they arise.
- Support Internal Finance Team on specific General Ledger/Payroll Journal questions as and when they arise.
- Provide support to Regional Payroll Manager, EMEAI and Global Project Team regarding projects and business initiative.
- FORMAL EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting/finance, business administration, human resources or relevant work experience.
- Payroll certifications preferred
- Ideally educated to A-level or similar
- NVQ in Business, finance or administration
- CPA, BF or comparable
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Several years of Multi-country related experience with knowledge of all aspects of payroll processes and related systems, including garnishments, benefits, taxes, Social security, local legislations, time & attendance collection preferred.
- Payroll transition and implementation experience.
- Teamwork and collaboration oriented with a commitment to excellence.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and re-engineer processes.
- Organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to shift priorities.
- Capability to synthesize and analyze information quickly and make informed decisions.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Project management or system implementation experience.
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A demonstrated understanding of all aspects of Multi-country payroll processes and related systems; including, but not limited to, benefits, taxes, Social Security and time and attendance collection.
- The ability to review regulatory publications, understand technical terminology and easily determine the effect pending and/or newly enacted legislation will have on current Department procedures.
- Computer savvy with working Microsoft knowledge
- Additional language skills to fluent English
WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Sherwin-Williams is the largest paints and coatings company in the world. With $18 billion in sales, more than 4,100 stores, and 140 manufacturing and distribution centers worldwide. Our 60,000 employees across the globe are diverse, innovative and passionate. With a variety of rewarding and challenging opportunities, Sherwin-Williams is a great place to launch and grow a career. Find yours and join us today.
Please note you will need the existing right to work in the country you apply for. Sherwin-Williams is unable to sponsor work permits or visas.
Please note that Sherwin Williams is unable to respond to any enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
An equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, colour, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic or national origin, disability, age pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, or any other consideration prohibited by law