- Post Date:6th January 2023 14808
- Views 44
We’ve been pioneering a world of possibilities to bring surfaces to life for well over 200 years. As experts in making coatings, there’s a good chance you’re only ever a few meters away from one of our products. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from the most sustainable paints company, which has been inventing the future for more than two centuries.Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Competitive salary and benefits package
Birmingham, West Midlands
As a time served mechanical technician with experience gained in a maintenance role at a COMAH chemical facility this is an exceptional opportunity to develop your career in a business that is a world expert in making coatings. Operating in over 150 countries, AkzoNobel has been awarded Top Employer status in the UK and Europe and now you can be part of the team.
- Carry out preventative/reactive maintenance covering repairs on various types of pumps, agitators, presses, valves & pipe work systems
- Maintain compressed air, nitrogen generation, cooling water, hot oil and hot water services
- Implement regular inspection routines to identify & rectify issues before they become a break down
- Support process & operation modifications
- Help with continuous improvement initiatives to minimise plant downtime & reduce associated maintenance costs
- Input into various areas of our process safety management procedures including the testing of pressure relief equipment, vent and tank inspections
- Work safely and within recognised codes and practices
- Time served Mechanical Technician
- Engineering experience gained in in a COMAH chemical facility which is regulated by both the HSE & EA.
- Good communication, people and interpersonal skills
- Focused on working safely
- Flexible to work occasional overtime and weekends
- Flexible to join out of hours call out rota (once plant experience is gained)
- Enjoys a collaborative working environment where supporting colleagues is key
What Is In It For You
We offer great personal development opportunities and roles with breadth, depth of scope and impact. We also offer comprehensive packages including:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience)
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- Income protection
- Staff discount at Dulux Decorator Centre stores
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Life Assurance
- Company pension
- Product discounts
- Flexible benefits scheme offering benefits including Gymflex, retail card, dental cover and more!
How To Apply
We have been inventing the future for more than two centuries and need people like you to be part of the team.
Apply online via the link and we will get right back to you. If you do have any questions, please contact Katie Nicholson.
We are advocates of a healthy work life balance and mental wellbeing. We are happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
AkzoNobel is an equal opportunity employer. We are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason, we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In accordance with applicable laws, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To access our Transparency in Coverage health plan data, click here .
Requisition ID: 27326
Related Jobs (37)
Sales & Marketing Graduate on 13th January 2023
Technologist on 13th January 2023
In-direct Tax Accountant (Europe) on 13th January 2023
Process Safety Manager on 13th January 2023
R&D- Applicator on 13th January 2023
Territory Sales Consultant NWEST on 13th January 2023
Manufacturing Production Assistant on 13th January 2023
Sales Orderline Clerk on 13th January 2023
Product Sales Representative on 13th January 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 13th January 2023