In-direct Tax Accountant (Europe)
- Post Date:13th January 2023 14846
- Views 50
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2020 group revenues of £1.6 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 4750 people across 38 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
You will be joining a professional and enthusiastic finance team, who strive to provide best in class services within the organisation. Our shared service centre covers all financial activities for most of our European sites as well as Egypt.
Purpose of role
The objective of the role is to support the European VAT Compliance Manager in ensuring in-house VAT compliance obligations across Europe and UK are met. The successful candidate will work closely with business stakeholders, other Finance functions, Customer Services, and the Group’s external VAT compliance advisors gaining significant exposure to European Indirect tax matters. The role will allow to expand your current VAT knowledge and you will quickly become an integral part of the growing team.
- Have a good understanding and knowledge to review and also have the ability to prepare all the relevant UK and European VAT returns, ECSL and Intrastat report – including but not limited to Italy, Netherlands, Germany, France, Finland, Belgium, CZ, Austria, Spain and CZ when required
- Liaising with external indirect tax advisers to ensure returns are submitted accurately and on time
- Reviewing previous transactions for any known VAT issues
- Assisting in performance of monthly UK and European VAT balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with VAT and other return enquiries from authorities as applicable
- Work with colleagues within internal Finance teams to improve VAT impacted transaction processes ensuring that they comply with legislative requirements
- Supporting European VAT Manager by providing indirect tax advice to other functions within the Shared Service Centre and sites. Supporting line manager to develop and enhance the working relationship with other Finance teams including, AP team, AR team, Trading and Customer services for enquiries and audits
- Assist with indirect tax audits for EU countries, including but not limited to managing relationship with external advisers and Tax Authorities
- Improvement of existing processes and identification of process and system enhancements and efficiencies
Skills And Knowledge
- Operational Indirect Tax Compliance experience (preferably in a Big 4 or in-house based role)
- Competent in VAT accounting/compliance requirements
- Highly IT literate with experience in accounting systems (e.g., SAP essential) and highly proficient in Microsoft products including Excel
- Previous supervisory experience or has the skill set to become a supervisor essential
Location and Travel requirements:
- Position is part of the European Shared Service Centre team in Harlow (UK) Hybrid – 3 DAYS PER WEEK ONLY (2 from home). Some travel expected to other Synthomer locations for the purpose of collaboration and training
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (37)
Sales & Marketing Graduate on 13th January 2023
Technologist on 13th January 2023
Process Safety Manager on 13th January 2023
R&D- Applicator on 13th January 2023
Territory Sales Consultant NWEST on 13th January 2023
Manufacturing Production Assistant on 13th January 2023
Sales Orderline Clerk on 13th January 2023
Product Sales Representative on 13th January 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 13th January 2023
Retail account Manager UK & I on 13th January 2023