- Post Date:6th April 2021 13658
- Views 16
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Debt Collection Specialist
Competitive salary, generous benefits
Purpose/Key Objectives of the Job:
- To improve cash-flow, facilitate sales growth, diminish days of arrear and minimize bad debts
- Being a valued business partner to AkzoNobel BU’s by delivering solid and strong Collections Management to facilitate their business growth ambitions while timely collection the outstanding overdue balances.
- Sharing best Collections Management practices within AkzoNobel.
- Collections management, effectively prioritize the collection of the portfolio to ensure timely and professional collection of aged overdue balances.
- Flagging dispute in the system and fill in the most complete description of the dispute that is preventing the customer from making payment.
- To provide consistent and qualitative information on overdue balances and other (structural) issue impacting collection efficiency.
- Customer Master Data maintenance, making sure that gaps and errors are escalated and corrected.
- Issues associate with the cash management and resolve the same
- Take legal actions against non-paying customers.
- Inform management of collections and credit issues & work closely with internal BU’s-Customer Service, Sales and Infosys teams to resolve credit and billing issues.
- Pro-actively inform management of issues that will impact the top line or bottom line performance.
Execution of activities:
- Daily reporting of the overdue number and should have good knowledge of the BI & SAP
- Adherence on the calling roster
- Prioritize collection follow up activities daily and execute on it by phoning and emailing overdue customers/ sales team
- Tracking the collection plan received and regular monitoring the same
- Regular calls with the business team and update on the collection progress and issues if any faced by the team
- Monthly working for the provision and reconciliation with the GL
- Closely working with the sales/customer for the order release during the overdue
- Sharing the input to the credit team on the sticky customer and customer who are delaying the payment to have the proper credit limit
- Monitoring the payment efficiency of the customer
- Customer balance confirmation and reconciliation
- Updating the legal master of the customer and following up with the legal agency for the same
- Dunning management for the customer as per the policy(soft/Legal)
- Working closely with the commercial/sales and finance to solve the issues related to credit note,debit note,sales retrun etc
- Marking of invoice as dispute in system
- Responsibly take full charge of legal case, including existing & new.
- Follow up with the collection agency on regular basis
- Need based customer visit
- 5+ years finance and/or Collections experience.
- Experience with working in matrix organization.
- Working within a multicultural environment.
- Experience in AkzoNobel O2C tools (e.g. SAP, FSCM, MFGpro, EBS).
- Experience of working as business partner with management.
- Experience in execution of standard processes.
- Able to set priorities and work independently.
- Full order to cash end to end process knowledge and experience.
- Business knowledge.
- Negotiation skills
- Language skills (English essential).
- Experience in sales/customer focused commercial role.
- Minimum English spoken and written.
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills.
- Commercial focus and balanced decision making.
- Degree level or equivalent (experience).
- Bachelor’s degree.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 9742