Senior Analyst, R&D
- Post Date:31st May 2021 13800
- Views 129
Join our Analytical Laboratory, which is our centre of excellence for decorative coatings analysis globally
It’s an exciting time to join Hempel! We have an ambitious growth strategy that will see us double the size of the Company in the next 5 years. Within R&D we empower our people and encourage the entrepreneurial spirit that will support this growth. Our well-equipped analytical laboratory and the expertise of our people provides for analysis that supports key commercial and operational decisions. You will be using a wide range of state of the art instrumentation for analysis such as X-Ray Fluorescence, Gas & Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry and Infra-red Spectroscopy.
Here are some of the things you can look forward to……
Life can be busy in the analytical laboratory and you will serve many stakeholders both locally and internationally. You could be analysing the components of products to support commercial decisions on competitiveness, or investigating the quality of our products and raw materials, in all cases important business decisions will be taken based on your analysis and you will have the opportunity to utilise your skills to contribute to the success of the Company. Here are some of the tasks you will handle in your role:
- Planning and prioritising practical laboratory analysis according to relevant test methods and SOPs.
- Accurately recording and reporting information from analytical work carried out, using different formats including databases, sample logs and technical reports.
- Assisting with the maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment.
- Providing unbiased reports to stakeholders, detailing your analysis, and providing interpretation to assist them in their decisions.
- Advising colleagues on the analytical capabilities available and assisting with development of new analytical techniques and test methods.
The analytical laboratory is relied upon for an accurate, credible and timely service to our internal customers, and we work together as a team of 3 to ensure we provide the best service possible. This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your top class analytical skills and results driven approach and although we may often need to react with short deadlines, the team also enjoy the benefits of flexi-time working, which ensures that a good work life balance is possible.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- ONC/HNC in Chemistry, although a degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry would be desirable.
- Knowledge of relevant analytical techniques used to analyse a wide range of samples.
- Strong experience gained in an analytical laboratory environment.
- Proven organisational & planning skills to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
You will be customer focussed and able to demonstrate your experience of meeting customer needs (internally and externally). Very often you will be liaising with technical colleagues, however, you must be able to adjust your communication style to adapt to your audience at all levels in the business, both verbally and in writing. You should also be confident using the wide range of IT applications necessary in a global business environment.
A little more about us and what we offer:
Hempel R&D is a dynamic globally oriented organisation with around 100 colleagues working within R&D in for the Decorative segment across Europe and more recently Australia. The position will be physically located in Darwen, Lancashire UK, the home of Crown Paints, working alongside a team of around 30 colleagues within the laboratories. In addition to a competitive salary and good working environment, you will receive:
- 28 days basic annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Generous pension plan
- Discount on our products & vouchers on line
- Health cash plan
Application and further information
To apply for this position, please click here. Please submit your application letter with a CV in English via the recruitment system by clicking the link ‘Apply for position’ at the top-right corner.
Here is a link to all of our job vacancy listings: https://www.hempel.com/career/vacancies
Final deadline for applications is 18 June 2021.