European Tax Specialist
- Post Date:30th March 2021 13655
- Views 35
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. We employ 2900 people across 25 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
The team: You will be joining a professional and enthusiastic finance team, who strive to provide best in class services within the organisation. Our shared service centre covers all financial activities for most of our European sites as well as USA and Egypt.
Purpose of the Job: The objective of the role is to support the TAX/VAT Compliance Manager in ensuring that all in-house TAX compliance obligations across Europe and UK are met. The successful candidate will work closely with business stakeholders, Finance, Customer Services, Accounts Payable and the Group’s external TAX compliance advisors whilst fulfilling this role, gaining significant exposure to European Indirect tax matters. The role will allow to expand your current TAX knowledge and you will quickly become an integral part of the growing team.
- Preparation of all relevant UK and European VAT returns, ECSL and Intrastat reports.
- Reviewing previous transactions for any known VAT/TAX issues;
- Assisting in performance of monthly UK and European VAT balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assisting with VAT and other return enquiries from authorities as applicable;
- Work with colleagues within internal Finance team to improve VAT correction and the transaction processes ensuring that they comply with legislative requirements;
- Responsibility for preparation of all relevant European VAT returns including but not limited to Netherlands, Germany, France, Finland, Belgium, CZ, Austria, Spain and Italy.
- Liaising with external indirect tax advisers to ensure returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Supporting VAT compliance manager by providing the provision of indirect tax advice to other functions within the Shared Service Centre and sites. Supporting line manager to develop and enhance the working relationship with Finance team, AP team, AR team, Trading and Customer services for enquiries and audits.
- Assist with indirect tax audits for EU countries, supported by VAT compliance manager, including but not limited to manage relationship with external advisers and Tax Authorities.
Great team working, organisational and communication skills;
Competent in VAT accounting requirements;
Ability to build relationships with stakeholders and to manage multiple priorities;
A superior work ethic and a dedication to the highest work quality and job excellence;
Able to function effectively in a changing environment;
Good understanding of finance and accounting principles;
Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, oral and written
Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence, integrity and accountability
Highly IT literate with experience in accounting systems (e.g. SAP essential) and highly proficient in Microsoft products including Excel
In addition, we offer a highly desirable benefits package:
- Private health insurance
- Annual company bonus scheme
- Contributory pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance
- Support counselling
- Company social events throughout the year
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking