Customs Operations Specialist
- Post Date:9th February 2021 13469
- Views 29
As a Customs Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for customs operations for shipments to and from the UK. You will handle day to day instructions to customs brokers, work with the internal and external customers to enable shipments from Stowmarket to all customers around the world.
- Management of regular reviews with all customs brokers, recording any issues, and working with 3PL to ensure compliance
- Order management for export customers according to the agreed lead times
- Shipments & transport – producing the relevant export documentation
- Responsible for monitoring custom provider’s performance and KPI calculation (costs, service level, claims, etc.).
- Accurate record-keeping of all shipments in the required format in a timely manner, including pre-invoicing checks and final reconciliation.
- Analyze data and trends on customs processes (i.e. claims, transport flows, frequency, size, etc.) to identify improvement areas & opportunities and data accuracy
- Liaison with Customer service teams and with Stowmarket warehouse operator to plan shipments to meet agreed delivery lead times
- Liaise with EMEA Customs specialists ensuring Refinish is aligned with all country requirements
- Responsible for supervising the Country of Origin process
- 1-2 years of experience with customer service
- Proven experience of working in customs
- Proficient in English; French, Dutch or Nordic languages are advantages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work to tight deadlines
- Detailed knowledge of export documentation
- Practical work experience on improvement projects
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every Single Day At PPG
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email [email protected]
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.