- Maximisation of profitable Sales over the shortest acceptable period and with the minimum of bad debt losses. The basic objective is to protect the company’s investment in receivables to provide the best possible return for the company from the borrowed invested in AR.
- In a context of growth, the SSC Credit Team needs to expand to keep the level of support and service provided to the business,
- Chasing debts by phone/email/fax hence speaking up on behalf of the company requiring good communication/diplomacy/tact/negotiation skills in a manner which creates the optimum cash inflow while at the same time ensuring continuity of business,
- Use of Sungard software GetPaid and Oracle Advanced Collections module,
- Cash allocation: ensuring the cash is allocated daily and accurately to maintain up to date ledger requiring attention to details,
- Order release: ensuring conditions are met to confirm the release diligently requiring good judgement,
- Monitoring and control of debt/Aged debt overview: ensuring agreed terms are adhered to.
- Coordinating and raising Credit/Debit notes timely to keep customers’ goodwill in paying promptly,
- Query management: to be addressed with customer service/Sales and solved promptly to keep customer’s satisfaction and identify any root causes preventing from occurrences,
- Maintenance of the Sales ledger/intercompany with customers/Treasury/GL leader to ensure customer master file is up-to-date and accurate with adjustments (discount/bank charges/commissions/refunds/bad debt write offs) and payments/credit+debit notes requiring accounting skills,
- Assessment of credit risk/Credit Risk Review: trying to find ways of accepting and controlling all business, including high risk opportunities. This involves the use of Credit Check Reports via a Credit Check Agency, the basic understanding of financial statements (Balance sheet, P&L) within approval limits requiring good numeracy skills,
- Establishment of credit terms and limits/Account Review/Customer Master Setups for new customers or increased business on existing accounts taking into account the risk involved and liaising closely with Sales with for export credit knowledge of export documentation and other payment methods,
- Attending a monthly AR review call with Commercial and Finance to go through a file to be prepared in advance to discuss actions, timeline and the owner on matters about DSO, Agings, Cost Of Capitals, Credit Terms.
- All these multiple tasks to be performed by order of prioritisation and in compliance with policy and Audit requirements requiring good organisational skills.
- Some years of experience in AR/Credit Control, ideally in a Shared Service Center
- Excellent communication and languages skills (English and any other languages like Italian, Russian…)
- ERP (Oracle)
ExperienceSome years of experience in AR/Credit Control, ideally in a Shared Service Center