- Dealing mainly with UK and Ireland but also European countries and overseas countries with each of them having a different culture/legal requirement/tax legislation/business practice/language/currency.
- Ultimate goal:
- Maximisation of profitable Sales over the shortest acceptable period and with the minimum of bad debt losses. The basic objective is to protect the company’s investment in receivables to provide the best possible return for the company from the borrowed invested in AR.
- To provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of account under his or her control.
- Chasing debts by phone/email hence speaking up on behalf of the company requiring good communication/diplomacy/tact/negotiation skills. In a manner which creates the optimum cash inflow while at the same time ensuring continuity of business. Use of Advanced Collections within Oracle 12.
- Cash allocation: ensuring the cash is allocated daily and accurately to maintain up to date ledgers, requiring attention to details (bank transfer and cheques, Lockbox)
- Order release: ensuring conditions are met to confirm the release diligently requiring good judgement, priority is given to 24hour customers. Follow order release process flow.
- Monitoring and control of debt/Aged debt overview: ensuring agreed terms are adhered to.
- Raising of Credit/Debit notes timely to keep customers’ goodwill in paying promptly
- Query management: to be addressed with customer service/Sales and solved promptly to keep customer’s satisfaction and identify any root causes preventing from occurrences
- Month End Aged Debt comments and reporting liaising with Finance
- Maintenance of the Sales ledger/Treasury/GL leader to ensure customer master file is up-to-date and accurate with adjustments (discount/bank charges/commissions/refunds/bad debt write offs) and payments/credit + debit notes requiring accounting skills (including rebates)
- Assessment of credit risk/Credit Risk Review: trying to find ways of accepting and controlling all business, including high risk opportunities. This involves the use of Credit Check Reports via a Credit Check Agency, the basic understanding of financial statements (Balance sheet, P&L) within approval limits requiring good numeracy skills
- Establishment of credit terms and limits/Account Review/Customer Master Setups for new customers or increased business on existing accounts taking into account the risk involved and liaising closely with sales with for export credit knowledge of export documentation and other payment methods
- All these multiple tasks to be performed by order of prioritisation and in compliance with policy and Audit requirements requiring good organisational skills
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by the appointed Supervisor
- Credit Control or Accounting/Customer services background
- GCSE Maths, English, A-C level would be preferable
- Applying comprehensive credit principles and practices
- Balancing and reconciling accounts
- Working with other departments and groups
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), iNotes and other applicable applications
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction
ExperienceCredit Control or Accounting/Customer services background
QualificationsGCSE Maths, English, A-C level would be preferable