Chemist - GBR
- Post Date:21st December 2022 14793
- Views 73
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves.
With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose Of The Job
Independently plans and executes technical work packages associated with projects. Has a solid understanding of a specific technical area and is able to apply this knowledge effectively to solve problems. Works closely with a team of other technical staff and is expected to develop working relationships with operational, commercial and regulatory colleagues to support delivery of business objectives
- Exhibit SHE ownership through own behaviours to set local standards
- Pro-actively identify, report on and improve safety related issues using available tools and systems.
- Independently plan and execute technical work packages as part of defined innovation or support project.
- Analyse and critically assess data (experimental, applications or business) to draw and present conclusions
- Develop and maintain technology know how and capability in relevant technical fields
- Flexibility to apply skills across different areas in the R&D function, e.g. synthesis, application, analysis.
- Builds a network within the local technical and commercial teams and support services
- Supports the Functional solutions business development leadership teams to execute their strategies
- Degree in Chemistry, materials or polymer science related field
- A minimum of 12 months experience in an industrial laboratory environment
- Good working knowledge of English
- Able to understand and follow lab safety practices to conduct respective tasks safely
- Know the chemical hazards in own working areas and properly handle chemicals and wastes
- Basic Process Safety knowledge and awareness for own working areas
- Excellent Communication skills
- Team Player
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (38)
Sales & Marketing Graduate on 13th January 2023
Technologist on 13th January 2023
In-direct Tax Accountant (Europe) on 13th January 2023
Process Safety Manager on 13th January 2023
R&D- Applicator on 13th January 2023
Territory Sales Consultant NWEST on 13th January 2023
Manufacturing Production Assistant on 13th January 2023
Sales Orderline Clerk on 13th January 2023
Product Sales Representative on 13th January 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 13th January 2023