BPC Senior Manager
- Post Date:5th February 2021 13450
- Views 44
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2018 revenues of more than £1.6 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 2900 people across 25 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
This Senior Manager will work cross functionally within our global teams. This is an exciting time within our organisation, as we are simultaneously integrating Synthomer and OMNOVA, implementing BPC 11, and transitioning to SAP S4 HANA.
Given the global nature of this role, this person can work from either Beachwood, Ohio, USA or in Harlow, UK. With that, we are considering applicants in both the US and UK.
The Senior Manager, BPC/Financial Systems provides global leadership, management and direction for the Company’s consolidation, business reporting and financial systems. This role works closely with Business, Information Technology and Finance leaders to improve the quality and consistency of data. Using solutions such as BPC, BW and SAP as a foundation, this role has the responsibility of building a team, developing programs, leading activities which support the overall global management of all consolidation, business reporting, and financial systems.
What we need from you…
- Implement an enterprise-wide global BPC platform focused on automation, ensuring consistency of data and meeting all external and internal reporting requirements;
- Plan, establish and implement training programs across the enterprise to train end-users on the new BPC platform by developing guides along with virtual and in-person training;
- Support global forecasting and AOP process, understanding data flow from all systems into BW/BPC;
- Continue to support legacy OMN BPC system, while planning the transition to the Global BPC platform when appropriate;
- Oversee data entry/uploads from legacy OMN systems, ensuring proper and consistent classification of accounts and execution of all required manual reclass adjustments;
- Lead global support of the Company’s BPC, BW and other business reporting and data solutions;
- Serve as the relationship manager/trusted advisor between Global Business, Information Technology and Finance functions;
- Partner with Business, Information Technology and Finance functions, ensuring data quality and consistency, while supporting strategic development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management services;
- Communicate objectives, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate team members, ensuring timely execution of deliverables that meet internal customer expectations;
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure business reporting, business intelligence and analytical solutions meet business priorities and requirements;
- Partner with business stakeholders to continuously identify, understand and track key business drivers and metrics;
- Share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business performance;
- Manage internal customer expectations within stated budget, resource and time constraints;
- Provide support to the Global Information Technology and Finance budget process;
- Work collaboratively with Business, Information Technology and Finance teams to develop clear and concise communications regarding system incidents, problems, and change management;
- Track and document internal customer satisfaction, team services/resources consumed, and service level reporting;
- Understand business functions to be able to analyse, propose, design and implement technical strategies, while assessing benefits, risks, and costs;
- In all aspects, drive continuous improvement by developing and managing a financial system roadmap that identifies future enhancements and upgrades to the financial systems;
- Maintain a prioritized log of finance system requests, changes, projects which drive a focused effort to meet stakeholder expectations;
- Develop, plan and execute group priorities/objectives that support the Synthomer organisation;
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology/Systems, or a related technical field from an accredited university. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent is a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills in leading large, complex and successful projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Finance and Information Technology roles, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Advanced working knowledge of BPC, BW, SAP and other relevant information/data solutions.
- Advanced accounting technical skills including month end close and consolidation experience.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in chemicals or process manufacturing industries.
- Proven record of creating strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Excellent team development, time management, organisation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and handle multiple projects simultaneously