Battery Metals Market Analyst
- Post Date:2nd December 2022 14695
- Views 37
BASF plc, BASF Group’s main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, agricultural solutions, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.ResponsibilitiesThe primary objectives of this position include:
- Supporting global marketing activities for CCA Base Metals (Nickel, Cobalt, Lithium, Manganese), including strategy, marketing, and global projects to serve BASF’s battery materials business and its customer requirements.
- Collaborating with the Head of CCA business development to support the Base Metal Services business required for BASF’s joint ventures and plants globally for battery materials.
- Building innovative models to allow CCA to track metrics used for short-term price hedging and trading, including rolling inventories, geographical arbitrages and conversion arbitrages.
- Collecting and analyzing data for long-term supply/demand, balance and pricing views.
- Working closely with the regional battery materials business leadership to ensure alignment on all customer commitments around these base metal services.
- Providing input into special projects that build out BASF’s global value chain for battery minerals and battery materials manufacturing.
- You have a Bachelors degree preferably in Economics, Finance, Business Management, science or geology.
- You have several years’ experience in the metals and mining industry (ideally base or battery metals) in either a trading, consulting, market analysis or procurement role.
- You have a proven track record in high learning agility environments.
- You demonstrate strength in establishing and maintaining senior level relationships with internal management and external partners (joint ventures, suppliers etc) and you are able to work in a matrixed environment to build organizational alignment.
- You are business English fluent and are able to interact with, and influence key people within the company and externally, by utilizing superior communication, strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time, locally and internationally as required.
BENEFITSResponsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and “on-the-job” training as part of a committed team.At BASF we offer a total package which includes not only an attractive salary and bonus but also benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme; a share scheme; private healthcare and life insurance to name a few.We support flexible working.BASF is committed to creating a diverse inclusive environment for all employees. We are partner with Stonewall and Wise, as part of our commitment to action on Race, LGBT and Gender. We are an equal opportunities employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law and all recruitment assessments will be made without reference to age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status and other protected characteristics. We are keen to increase the numbers of underrepresented groups and we particularly welcome applicants from ethnic minority groups.Closing date: 7 December 2022About UsAt BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.Please upload the documents, summarized in a PDF if possible.
Related Jobs (38)
Sales & Marketing Graduate on 13th January 2023
Technologist on 13th January 2023
In-direct Tax Accountant (Europe) on 13th January 2023
Process Safety Manager on 13th January 2023
R&D- Applicator on 13th January 2023
Territory Sales Consultant NWEST on 13th January 2023
Manufacturing Production Assistant on 13th January 2023
Sales Orderline Clerk on 13th January 2023
Product Sales Representative on 13th January 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 13th January 2023