- Prepares samples, development products for testing and associated materials as defined by the request from the line manager and runs appropriate tests prior to release of new products after approval.
- Collects samples from the plant or customer if required.
- Arranges for the issuing of chemicals and consumables from stores.
- Follows up with maintenance staff for minor maintenance works in the laboratory.
- Operates the various laboratory equipment in a safe manner in accordance with the manufacturers instructions and any defined laboratory procedures.
- Assists the line manager in carrying out experiments, product development, problem simulation, product training, responding to technical queries and demonstrations.
Follows written or oral instructions in all work given by the line manager, for any additional analysis and experiments that require the support of the laboratory
- Carries out housekeeping work in the laboratory including preparing equipment for safe use in accordance with company guidelines.
Minimum A Level Chemistry (Bachelor Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering preferable)
Some previous Lab experience preferred
Good negotiation skills and commercial awareness, capable of understanding and following company procedures
Successful applicant will be required to undergo 6 Training modules form the BCF
Job Location - Midlands
Salary£17,000 - £22,000
ExperienceDesired but not essential
QualificationsMinimum A Level Chemistry