Accounts Payable Supervisor
- Post Date:9th February 2021 13455
- Views 21
We are a speciality chemical company and one of the world’s leading suppliers of aqueous polymers. Our polymers help customers create new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, textiles, paper and synthetic latex gloves. Our business has grown significantly over the last 5 years with 2018 revenues of more than £1.6 billion, our robust financial performance ensures we are well positioned to continue to invest for long-term growth. We employ 2900 people across 25 sites, our headquarters are based in London with regional innovation centres in UK, Germany, Malaysia and the USA, as well as operational centres in Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia.
The team: The Financial Shared Centre based in Harlow UK, supports Synthomer entities across Europe with all aspects of Financial data. The Accounts Payable team currently handles invoices for 9 European countries which will expand over the coming years. Our aim is to provide the efficient & accurate processing of suppliers invoices within the agreed payment terms whilst ensuring accounting best practices are maintained.
Purpose of the Job: To assist the Accounts Payable Manager with the day-to-day management of the Accounts Payable operation/team. Promoting best practice within the team to ensure that KPI’s are met and driven. Ensuring the entire daily workload within the team is distributed and delivered to deadline and to company standards. The role requires and individual with a background in Accounts Payable within a team leader/supervisory capacity who has proven experience in motivating and coaching a team to deliver results.
- Supervising and overseeing the Accounts Payable team, ensuring the team processes all invoices in a timely manner
- Supporting the Accounts Payable Manager with regard to organising teams’ weekly payment runs and proposals to ensure a smooth process is maintained that adheres to company deadlines
- Liaising with the wider team the ensure the smooth running of the overall operation
- Identify and implement process improvements across the Purchase Ledger department
- Reporting and following up invoices becoming overdue which are assigned to the business and assisting in resolving queries
- Running assigned weekly payment proposals and obtaining review & approval
- Running monthly agreed creditors for AP manager review
- Handling the company Barclaycard processing
- Assisting the manager in the review of monthly prompt payment reports
- Processing invoices for assigned company codes and acting as backup for AP team during absence
- Managing various AP mailboxes in support of manager and dealing with suppliers queries within set KPI deadlines
- Ensuring the supplier statements are reconciled within the agreed timetable.
- Liaising with other Synthomer offices in both the UK and Europe
- Supplier bank detail confirmations
- Supporting team members through coaching and development training when required/identified
- Knowledge of financial ERP systems (SAP would be an advantage)
- Experience with multi-currency invoice processing
- Good working knowledge MS Office applications such as Excel
- Ambitious finance professional with excellent analytical skills and with strong interests in technology that is flexible and can work independently
- Financial Analysis – Understands and uses financial concepts and measures to determine financial impact of decisions. Seeks to turn data analysis into relevant business information for self and others.
- Process Excellence – Delivers and/or supports to deliver high quality output, identify process improvement opportunities and ensure effective resource utilisation.
In addition, we offer a highly desirable benefits package:
Private health insurance
Company bonus scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Company social events throughout the year