Accountant (12 month FTC)
- Post Date:19th December 2022 14748
- Views 52
Synthomer is an innovative and differentiated global leader in sustainable polymer solutions. The Group is one of the world’s foremost suppliers of water based polymers and has leadership positions in many markets. Our polymers help customers create innovative new products and enhance the performance of existing products in key industries such as coatings, construction, adhesives, textiles, paper and nitrile medical gloves. With the acquisition of Eastman Adhesive Resins in 2022 and Omnova Solutions in 2020, Synthomer grew its global manufacturing network, expanded its product portfolio and boosted its geographical presence, allowing it to better serve over 6000 customers around the world. Synthomer has its operational headquarters in London, UK, and provides customer-focused services from regional centres in Harlow, UK; Marl, Germany; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Beachwood, Ohio, USA. It employs more than 5000 employees across over 40 sites and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Purpose of role: This Accountant will support the Finance Manager in accurately preparing and managing the financial accounting and local compliance including statutory accounting, audit and group submission of the actuals, budget and forecast for the entity. This is a hybrid role, three days in the office and two from home and is a 12 month fixed term contract role.
- Support the production of monthly management accounts, financial reports and other required reports within Company guidelines
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries
- Balance Sheet reconciliations to be prepared and submitted timely into Blackline ensuring the balance sheet is clean and no aged / unresolved items are outstanding
- Intercompany accounts fully reconciled with no aged balances and with any differences (if any) fully investigated
- Prepare and ensure timely filing of statutory accounts for the legal entities in charge if these are required
- Asset accounting including depreciation run, capitalisation of assets in construction and open/close projects done on time
- The Accountant will assist with tax queries working with the VAT team
- Support the external auditors during interim and year end audit, ensuring information is provided timely
- Work with the internal audit department to ensure that any issue raised by them is actioned and resolved by the due date
- Managing you allocated account and ensuring no aged balance is left unresolved
- Responsible for preparation and timely submission of weekly cashflow forecast
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of the annual BS budget whilst supporting the budgeting of the P&L process
- Liaise with HR and Payroll provider to ensure that local payroll is processed timely and accurately
Skills And Knowledge
- Ability to work in dynamic and busy environments
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Essential – part or fully qualified. Study towards a professional qualification ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- Prior experience in working in a large, complex financial environment, managing stakeholders (preferable manufacturing). SAP or similar ERP system experience is required.
- Annual company bonus
- Hybrid working patterned
- On-site parking
- Medical insurance offering
- Subsidised canteen
- Good company pension plan
We are ambitious!
We have grown significantly – both organically and inorganically. We are a FTSE 250 listed company, 22% of our revenue comes from newly commercialized products, and we’re recognized in the top-quartile for chemicals manufacturing safety.
We believe in high challenge, high support!
We are keen to let you contribute in real roles from day 1. We expect a lot, but offer a lot, too. This includes onboarding, induction and learning events, networking opportunities, mentoring and personal development planning. So, be up for an inspiring long-term career adventure.
We personalize our approach to development!
At Synthomer, you won’t find generic career tracks or development programs but rather a one-size-fits-one approach to employee development. We’ll partner with you to ensure you have the right experiences that build your capabilities and accelerate your career growth.
Related Jobs (38)
Sales & Marketing Graduate on 13th January 2023
Technologist on 13th January 2023
In-direct Tax Accountant (Europe) on 13th January 2023
Process Safety Manager on 13th January 2023
R&D- Applicator on 13th January 2023
Territory Sales Consultant NWEST on 13th January 2023
Manufacturing Production Assistant on 13th January 2023
Sales Orderline Clerk on 13th January 2023
Product Sales Representative on 13th January 2023
Sales Assistant (FT, 39 Hours) – Bradford on 13th January 2023